.Chapter 1.

.Hayes.
I sat in my cabin shooting small fire balls at the wall.My brother,Zuko,is on the hunt for the Avatar.I begged to come with him,because I thought this would be exciting,but no.Just a ton of false alarms.

"Get up!" Zuko says bursting into my room.

"Why,there's nothing around anyway." I say.

"Hurry up and come to top deck.And stop shooting at the wall." Zuko says.

He closes the door and I sigh.I regret coming on this dumb expedition.At least at home I had Azula.She might be a crazy lunatic,but I love her.

I walked up to top deck to see Uncle Iroh and Zuko.They were near the end of the ship.

"What Zuko." I say walking up to them.

"You have to go home." Zuko says.

"What?But dad said I could come with you guys." I say.

"I'm making the call.This isn't safe for you.I'm sorry Hayes,but we will be returning to the Fire Nation soon for repairs.Once we arrive,you will go home." Uncle Iroh says looking at me.

"This is unfair!Unsafe?I'm just as powerful as Zuko,maybe even more!" I say yelling.

"You need to fix your attitude." Zuko says turning around to look at me.

"You need to fix your hair." I say walking back to my room.

This is completely unfair!Why do I have to go home?I'm 15,only a year younger than Zuko,but I can't handle myself.You know what,I'm gonna-.

I got up from my desk and ran to the upper deck.I heard something,but I'm not sure.I opened the door and saw the crew,Uncle Iroh,and Zuko looking out.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"A Fire Nation signal.We're close to the avatar.I must-." Zuko says before I cut him off.

"Yeah yeah.I must restore my honor because my dad doesn't love me." I say putting my hand over one eye.

"Hayes!" Uncle Iroh yells at me.

"What?I speak the truth.He doesn't love me either." I reply.

"This is why you're going home." Zuko yells at me.

"Whatever."
—————————————————————————
I lie down on the deck looking at the sky.Out of nowhere canons started firing.I got up and ran to the captains station.

"Why are the canons going off?" I ask.

"Because,we found the avatar.He's in the Southern Water Tribe." The captain says.

"Don't alert them that were coming.Make it a surprise if it's not to late." I say.

I run back down to the deck.I see a small village in the distance and a big furry thing.

"Speed this up!" I yell.

We start moving faster and we close in on the entrance to the water tribe.We let down the walk way and Zuko,some crew mates and I step off.

"AHHHHHH!" Yells some boy running at me.I grab his wrist,twist it and push him away.

"We aren't looking for trouble.We just want the avatar." I say moving closer. "Have you seen him?"

"Like we would tell you fire nation scum." The same boy yells.

I shrug and walk even closer.A little girl tries to walk up to me and grab my hand,but a lady swats her hand.

"We just want the avatar.If you haven't seen him,we're done here." I explain.

"I'll burn this tribe to the ground!!" Zuko yells.

"I'll go with you.Just don't hurt this people." A young boy says.

"You're the avatar?" I ask.

"Yes,now leave them be.Lets go." He says holding out his wrist.

A crew mates grabs him and takes him to the ship.We all walk on and head to the fire nation.

I go back to my room,since there is nothing to do.I sit up and decide to go check on the avatar.I sneak past the guards and head to the cells.I open a door and the avatar is there.

"What do you want?" He asks.

"Nothing.I just wanted to see you.There's nothing better to do." I say.

"You gotta help me.The Fire Nation is cruel!" He says.

"Don't you think I know that.I've been here for 15 years.The Fire Nation doesn't take things lightly" I say.

"Have you ever been hurt?"

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Aang.You haven't answered my question."

"Let's go."

I burn the lock and open the cell.I burn off the cuffs and we head to the upper deck.Zuko is there and sees us.

"Hayes.What are you doing."

"Run Aang."

I fire blast Zuko and sweep him off his feet.I fight him hand to hand combat and twist his ankle.He falls to the ground and a big furry thing flies over me.

"HOP ON!!" Aang yells.

I hop on the furry thing and we fly away.

I mixed episode 1 and episode 2 together.