eleven

TW // mentions of suicide ?

Shane and I step in the door and he closes it, locking it behind him. "The lady."

"She could sense me." I shiver. "I could tell she wanted to send me away. I'm not ready to leave. I don't want to leave yet. I know I'm dead, but I want to stay on earth just a little bit longer. Just a little bit. I'm not ready to go to heaven or hell. No, not ready yet." I panic and ramble until I feel a hand placed on my shoulder.

"(Y/n), no one is going to force you to go anywhere." Shane's voice calmed me. I looked up at him, not realizing I've been showing myself to him this whole time. There's tears in my eyes, even though they seem like they don't fall or form for me.

"Shane, I'm scared." And for the first time, I felt like a human, or felt comfort. Or whatever it was.

"There's nothing to worry about. I have your back." He smiles, taking his hand off and walking to the kitchen for a glass. "I do have a question though."

"Mhmm?" I sat down in a chair.

"Why'd you grab my shirt?"

His question caught me off guard. I stopped moving, breathing, I just stared for a second. "Huh?" I tried playing it off as if I didn't hear him over the sound of the running water.

"When you sat next to me, why did you grab my shirt?" He questioned, finishing with filling his glass with water.

"It's a comfort thing. I'm sorry." I looked away, my face flushed and embarrassed. I disappeared and walked out of sight. I sat on the floor in an empty corner, somehow ending up falling asleep even though I don't need it.

xxx

"You all good now? It's been a few hours of you not showing yourself, I assumed I'm not giving you enough power so I left you alone to recharge. Sorry. That's stupid. I'm making you sound like a battery or something. Anyways, if you're listening, I'm headed to bed now. I'll talk to you tomorrow." He says before closing the door to his room, leaving me alone to myself.

I decide to walk outside, it's not like I can go very far though. It's calming out here, not much to see, not much to take in, but it's calming slightly. There's a different feeling to being outside by myself when I'm dead. Before, I had to have a taser, flashlight, pepper spray, and various other things to protect myself if I wanted to walk around by myself at night. But I don't have that fear anymore, because I'm dead.

I could've stayed alive longer. I really could've, but I didn't. I don't think I deserved it, I don't think I deserved to stay alive. I don't even know what happened after I died. Did people find my body? Did people hold a funeral? Was I forgotten? I will never know, but I do know that I never have a chance at living as human because now I'm a ghost.