Mom...

Katniss' PoV

I have not been pregnant. Peeta and I have tried 10 times... and I had a few miscarriages. I decide to visit my mother today, since I haven't seen her since Prim's funeral. She currently lives in our old house, in Victor's Village, where I went after the Games.

There is a bit of snow on the ground, and I see an artificial white rose. I gasp and pick it up. On one of the petals there is writing in pencil on it.

𝔖𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔰 𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔬𝔭, ℭ𝔬𝔯𝔶𝔬. ℑ𝔱 𝔞𝔩𝔴𝔞𝔶𝔰 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩.
𝔏𝔲𝔠𝔶 𝔊𝔯𝔢𝔶 𝔅𝔞𝔦𝔯𝔡.

Coryo Snow? Coriolanus Snow, a voice rings in my head but I can't tell who it belongs to. I drop the rose and run away from it.

"Hey, Mom," I say, after my mother opens the door. She embraces me, and invites me in for a cuppa tea.
(A/N: the term "Cuppa" is just a British slang word for "Cup of". We use it here in NZ as well.)
I take the warm cup of lavender tea in my hand gratefully. It is calming, being with Mom, even though she and I were never close. I hope we can repair the bond I broke after Dad died. We talk, catching up on one another. Her anthropology business is going well, and I am glad Gale is in 2, because he is apparently being a badass trainer, but he can not top the boy with the bread.
(Sorry, another A/N: to all the Divergent fans out there reading this Gale is being the Four/Tobias of D2.)
I also told Mom about my infertility, and she got me some pills to take before trying.

Before I leave I give her a hug, which is awkward since I give no one hugs (Peeta's an exception) and here I am... hugging my Mom. I decide to take a pill now, and try again with Peeta when I get home.