No Sleeping In

Before I start this chapter I'd like to dedicate it to:
cadenciowrites Braindead_dom nikhildns Gallagherfangirl
Thank you all so much! I wouldn't have been writing this chapter if it weren't for you! Go follow them!

Katniss

Five days ago I experienced the worst pain in my life. I thought losing Prim, Finnick, Rue, My Father, and Peeta was hard.

But that was worse.

It hurts like hell! I was screaming in pain, and this was worse than The Games! At least Sam's healthy and alive...

I hear wailing from the room beside ours, and I get up to deal with him. I walk in the dark, to the newborn's room, and I shiver. I don't really like the Dark anymore, it makes me think that Snow or Coin is gonna pop out from behind a wall or something and hurt me and my family. I walk into Sam's brightly lit room, and grab him from his cot. He puts his small hand on my breast, and looks at me. I can tell that he's hungry. At least he knows his food source, he's not a dumb baby.

After feeding him, I rock him back to sleep with The Meadow Song. He falls asleep almost immediately, and I silently sneak out of the room. If I made a noise it would set him off. Peeta asks me if Sam's okay, and I nod. I fall off to sleep.

I am dressed in all black, and I look at Finnick who is beside me. He looks upset, and he get called upon to give a speech. Where is Peeta? Is my only thought, and I can't see his stupid smile, his blue eyes, or his ash blonde hair anywhere. Where are you, Peeta? Finnick clears his throat. "I'm only here because my girlfriend, Katniss, forced me to." That earns a laugh from the crowd, and I look around, extremely confused. "Annie Cresta was the love of my life, she had severe PTSD but I hoped we could heal together, but I got sent off to the Games again. Then the war happened. Annie couldn't bare it in Thirteen, so she killed herself, and our unborn child. I was devastated. Peeta Mellark-" I stopped listen, and silently sobbed to myself. "He sacrificed himself for me, and to help Katniss," I cry even harder. The furenal goes by in a flash, and I stand at Peeta's casket. He's not dead! He's not! I sob, anyways, and shout at his body. "If you loved me, why did you leave me?" I scream, tears falling from my face to his chest. "Why? You said 'Always' to staying with me... Always is a promise! You broke it!" I stand there, sobbing over a body.

I gasp awake, and Peeta is still fast asleep. It scares me, so I peck his lips, and he opens his eyes. "What's wrong, Katniss?" I tell him about the funeral, and he died in the War. I shake violently, and he shushes me. "I love you, Katniss," he whispers in my ear. "I love you, too. Stay with me?" I say, and he chuckles in my ear at the memory. "Always," he replies. We hug for a bit and he breaks apart from the hug. "Hey, there is this brand new holiday coming up," I look at him confused. "It's called Halloween and you dress up, and get candy from strangers!" Who made this? They're mentally insane.

Somehow Peeta convinces me to do it anyway.