Baby

Katniss

Five months into this pregnancy, and I am craving strawberries. What? They are delicious! But I can't have strawberries today, because 1: I can't hunt at the moment, and 2: because Effie is coming over. Oh God... Effie's gonna ask and... I sigh, and realize I will have to go through her fangirling. "Hey, you okay?" He asks me, and I give him a smile. He gives me a peck on the cheek, and looks at my stomach, last week Delly Cartwright threw us a baby shower and it was a he! Our little Sam.

There's a knock on the door, and Peeta runs to grab it. Effie's voice rings through our home, and I can hear every word they are saying. "Oh, darling, it has been ages since I saw you both last. How are you?" She says, her Capitol accent is still strong. "I'm alright, you?" She told Peeta the story, with her and Haymitch as a new couple. Apparently he is trying to give up drinking, and she is trying to dial down with her outfit. Trying to settle for sneakers, jeans, and a tee. "Where's Katniss, Peeta?" She asks him, "I'm on the couch!" I shout back at her. I hear her high heels on the kitchen tiles, as she makes comments on our house ("Ooh, cute kitchen," or "OMG, I would die for this") and she finally reaches me. She wears a simple, but elegant dress that goes to her knees, and is a light purple in colour, her hair, for once, is not in a wig, it is in a french bun, and her hair is naturally brown. "Oh, Darl- Oh! Your pregnant!?" She squeals, and I try my hardest not to scoff and sigh. "What's their name?" She asks a billion questions, not letting me answer one. I squeeze in a answer, "Sam Finnick Everdeen." She jumps up and down, (how do you that in heels?) and Peeta boils the jug for a cuppa tea, and coffee for Effie.

I can't believe I am admitting this but...

I kinda miss our little team.

𝚃𝙴𝙰𝙼 -
𝕋𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑒𝑡
𝔼ᴠᴇʀᴅᴇᴇɴ
𝔸𝔟𝔢𝔯𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔥𝔶
𝕄ℯ𝓁𝓁𝒶𝓇𝓀