Hide and Seek

Jungkook's POV

A child's game. That's what it is. But who would have thought that this childish game would be the story of my life?

It was hide and seek that made our worlds cross.

"What good is playing when no one can beat me?" I mumbled to myself.

I was six then and had no interest with playing with the other loser kids. I'm just too good for them. I took my little wallet with bunny prints on it so I could buy my banana milkshake.

While walking, I saw a strange boy climbing a mango tree. I watched him with curiosity but then I decided my banana milkshake is more important. I shrugged and went towards the vending machine.

"Hey kid!"

An older boy tapped me in the shoulder. His name tag read Park Jimin. I just looked at him in a questioning manner.

"Have you seen this boy?" he asked and showed me a picture.

I stared at the familiar face in the photo and realized that it's monkey boy. I nodded to answer his question and I saw his eyes light up.

"Really? Where?" Jimin asked excitedly.

I turned towards the mango tree and pointed. "There."

Jimin grinned at me. "Thank you kid!" Then he run towards the tree and shouted "Found you Taehyung!"

Taehyung? So that's his name? Cute.

I saw the kid named Taehyung jump from the tree and the two boys talked. Then Jimin pointed at me, Taehyung's eyes following Jimin's pointing finger.

His eyes landed at me and I almost shivered when he stared at me. He started walking closer to me as I nervously sipped on my shake.

"You snitch!" Taehyung yelled angrily and I saw him glaring at me.

"What?" I asked dumbly.

"Why did you tell ChimChim where I was?!"

"Oh because he asked me. He was looking for you," I defended.

"Of course he's looking for me! We're playing hide and seek afterall!"

Oh... I didn't know that.

"Whatever," he huffed. "I hate you!"

***
Hide and seek was what made him hate me but it was also hide and seek that made him like me.

My eyes are wide with shock when my mom and dad introduced Mr. and Mrs. Kim. It weren't them that shocked me though but the kid that was with them. Taehyung huffed his cheeks as he glared at me but all I could think is how I badly want to squish his cheeks.

Our families became very close that we always had to see each other. But he still hates me. Badly. For three years, we fought and bickered non stop.

I was nine when Jimin tagged along with his family on a party that my parents hosted. Taehyung and Jimin, along with some other kids in the party played that dumb hide and seek again.

I remained seated with my parents even though I also want to go with them. Not because I want to play but because I want to see Tae even though he'll just be mean at me.

Soon it was time to eat and Jimin already returned. The other kids also went back with their parents. But Taehyung didn't.

"Where's Tae?" Mrs. Kim asked shorty.

"I don't know. I thought he's here already," Jimin answered but he didn't dwell much on it as he started devouring the desserts.

"Kook, do you want ice cream?" mommy asked.