Space Between (Part 1)

Part 1/5

Third Person's POV

"Ahhhhhh finally!" Taehyung exclaimed, stretching his arms and legs that had felt so stiff. "Detention really sucks!"

"Hurry up already, you fool," Jungkook chuckled, picking Taehyung's backpack and slinging it on his own shoulder. "What have you been doing, getting detention out of the blue?"

Taehyung laughed heartily and clung to his best friend's arm as they made their way out of the classroom where Taehyung had served his two hours' worth of detention. Jungkook never liked when people invades his personal space but Taehyung had grown to become an exemption to this.

Having Taehyung as his best friend for more than a decade has made him accustomed and comfortable with Taehyung's touches. As a matter of fact, Jungkook feels weird if the other boy gets distant and would keep to himself. It's as if Taehyung's clinginess has been a natural part of his everyday life.

"Jungkookie-ah! I didn't do anything wrong!" Taehyung whined, pouting his lips which added to his innocent look. Jungkook looked at him in amusement, admitting that the brunette looked utterly adorable but he's also not buying the innocent act.

"Oh really now?" Jungkook asked, suspicion lacing his words. "Then how'd you end up in detention?"

"I swear it isn't my fault Jungkookie! Believe me!"

"I'll believe you after you tell me what you did."

"Wow Kookie! You smell so good! Did you use a new cologne?" Taehyung tried to swerve the topic.

"I'm still using the cologne you gave me. Now, answer-"

"Ahhh I'm craving for ice cream!"

"He-"

"Let's get one Kookie! I want the stra-"

"Taehyung!" Jungkook used his stern and firm voice this time, knowing that this voice of his will make Taehyung immediately listen.

"Okay, okay!" Taehyung pouted even more. He sighed, feeling glum that his tactic didn't work. "Well, we had this homework in Trig and I copied and pasted a solution I found on the internet. And well... I didn't realize that the prof changed one of the variables so not only did I end up getting wrong but the prof also realized that I took the answer online."

"Why would you even rely on internet?" Jungkook asked. "Why didn't you solve it on your own?"

Taehyung gulped at the examining eyes of the younger towards him. Taehyung is a pro at acting and deceiving people but Jungkook had always been able to see through him. Jungkook knows him too much- from every single fiber of his hair down to his every miniscule thoughts.

"I-I was in a hurry," Taehyung admitted, looking away.

"And why were you in a hurry?" Jungkook further inquired as they reached the school gate.

"Uhhh... be-because I only had fifteen minutes to work on the assignment and it would already be due," Taehyung's voice was small and he prayed silently for his life especially when Jungkook stopped on his tracks to face him.

"Wait a minute..." Jungkook had a scary expression on his face now as realization dawned on him. "What do you mean you only had fifteen minutes? Didn't you tell me yesterday that you already finished it two days ago? You lied to me?!"

Taehyung started nibbling his lower lip, feeling intimidated with Jungkook's burning eyes. He really hates it when his best friend gets upset towards him.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook's voice boomed like thunder. "I'm asking you... did you lie to me?!"

Eyes watering, Taehyung unconsciously stepped back. "I did! But I only did that because you wouldn't have agreed to go with me to the mall if you knew I had pending homeworks!"