Tattooed

Taehyung's POV

"I must say your qualifications are excellent and you're definitely fit for the position."

I smiled at what I heard. Finally, I can get a job after three days of applying!

"Unfortunately..."

My smile dropped. Oh for the love of all that is holy is that "unfortunately" really necessary?!

"We need you to have at least a year of experience under Cookietea Enterprise."

After a fake "I understand" line and fake thank yous, I finally left that room where I had been interviewed. I gritted my teeth, wondering why all companies I'm applying to are all saying that I need to have experience under that goddamn Cookietea Enterprise!

Let me repeat that. EVERY DAMN COMPANY said that. Why?! What's so special about that company?!

Seems like I have no choice but to apply to that company or I will remain jobless! I hailed a cab and told the driver to drive me towards Cookietea Enterprise, wherever that is.

"Good day sir!" greeted the girl at a desk.

"Good day as well," I equalled her greeting. "I'm here to apply for a job."

"Very well. May I have your resume sir?"

I nodded and handed him an envelope that contained all necessary documents for applying. She smiled politely at me and disappeared on a door with my documents.

I lazily tapped my foot on the tiled floor of the place while patiently waiting for the girl. Not even thirty seconds passed when she returned with a huge smile.

"Congratulations, you're hired! Welcome to Cookietea Enterprise where love is purple!"

My eyebrows met in pure confusion. "Excuse me? Did you just say I'm hired?"

"Yes sir!" she beamed at me.

"But I wasn't even interviewed...?" I questioned.

"An interview has been deemed unnecessary by higher staffs so you've been automatically hired."

Something is fishy here. It's a protocol to always conduct an interview first before hiring employees. Am I being scammed?

"You know what? I appreciate it but no thank you. I'd like to revoke my application," I formally said and though I tried to hide it, suspicion laced my tone.

The girl's eyes widened in shock at what I said. I retrieved my documents and turned to leave but the girl pulled the sleeve of my coat.

"Please just wait a second," she said in a panicky tone which deepened my confusion.

She hesitantly let go of me and hurriedly scrambled for the phone in her desk.

"Yes... he revoked his application... I think he wants an interview... What should I do?... Noted." Were the snippets that I heard.

What in the world is going on?!

"Mr. Kim, our CEO would like to meet you for an interview."

My eyes doubled in size. "CEO?!" I repeated in shock.

Why would a CEO want to interview me?! Isn't it normally the managers or HR department that do the interview?!

I felt like choking or passing out but at the same time my desperation to earn for a living fueled me with bravery.

"All right then," I tried to sound confident.

"This way please."

The girl ushered me towards the elevator and she pressed the highest floor. When the elevator opened, she bowed while motioning the room on me. I bowed as well before I stepped out of the elevator.