Space Between (Part 2)

Part 2/5

Third Person's POV

The sun has risen at its highest, casting a blinding glow throughout the city. Not a single place was left untouched by its rays but despite its strong beam there was one place where light did not shine. The place is shrouded with nothing but darkness coupled with disorganized and heavy thoughts.

This place is Jungkook's heart.

It's been a month since that life changing news has dropped like an unwelcomed bomb on his face yet nothing has changed. He still doesn't know how to cope with it and if anything, as each day passes it gets worse and worse. Every day, the weight on his heart gets heavier and heavier just as the color of his world gets darker and darker. People say it'll get better as time passes but Jungkook had grown to believe that such saying is a hoax.

After all, nothing is getting better and nothing can alleviate the pain he is feeling. The pain is tremendous and overwhelming that numbs Jungkook's senses but at the same time consuming him. The pain is drastic that every single beat of his heart feels like a hammer knocking on his ribcage and every breath he takes is like poison. The pain is squeezing his heart painfully, making him breathless and yet despite that he continues to live as though life is mocking him through this merciless torture.

"Jungkook, what are you doing here? We have practice!"

Jungkook didn't bother glancing at the person who had approached him. He remained laying on the hot floor of the school's rooftop, eyes directed at the lazily passing clouds.

"So what?"

Jackson's eyes doubled in size at the uninterested reply of the boy. "What do you mean so what?! That Park Jimin kid is also after the position as co-captain of the club! It's not yet final but everyone already knows that you're the strongest candidate for co-captain but if you fall behind, the newbie Jimin might snatch the position!"

Despite Jackson's heated explanation, Jungkook remained unfazed. The words registered on his mind but he simply doesn't care about it. Jackson did a double take when he saw how Jungkook's once blazing with passion eyes had been replaced with a vacant and lifeless one.

"Then let him have it," Jungkook simply replied. "Can you leave?"

Jungkook turned on his side, wanting to send a message to the older to leave him alone. Jackson worriedly looked at Jungkook's back and he felt helpless. He has no idea how to help the younger or how to draw the former Jungkook out of this new and lifeless boy.

"Look, I won't say I understand you because I don't know how it feels to lo-"

"Of course you don't!" Jungkook harshly cut in, eyes in slits. "So if you're just going to give me a shitty pep talk then just fucking leave!"

Jackson stiffened for a moment, shocked that Jungkook who he had known as very polite just cursed and yelled at him. He knew then that it was hopeless to console Jungkook so he decided that it's best to give the younger what he wants.

Jungkook heard the retreating footsteps of the other male and he let out a deep breath. Jackson was right. He will not be able to understand a single thing Jungkook is going through because he hasn't experienced losing someone very special to him. None of his friends know the misery of badly wanting someone to be with you but can't because they're simply gone... forever.

"Taehyung's gone."

Those two words had haunt Jungkook day and night. It's a nightmare staged in real life. To find out that your best friend had taken his own life the day after you two had spent a day full of laughter is just incomprehensible.