17

The health bar of the Ender Dragon was now low. The bed strategy was very effective. George wiped up the sweat from his face. The more the health was going down, the more George was getting happy. He couldn’t help but smile each time the explosion was hurting the Dragon, despite the fact that he was being hit as well. But each explosion was a closer step to the exit.

Dream seemed exhausted. He was sweating as much as George, and seemed really focused, but unlike George, he didn’t seem to enjoy the moment. Maybe he was scared that it wouldn’t work or that one of them would die. George would give him glances, concerned. He was still waiting for the moment where he could tell him he had discovered his identity.

The Dragon was flying in the air in circles. They didn’t have any arrows left. They had to wait until she comes down. Dream ate the cooked porkchop quickly, and waited, head raised, that the Dragon comes to them. He squinted because of the shine of the scales on the Dragon’s body. The sky was so dark. Their surroundings were imaginary, but it wasn’t a dream. They could feel the explosions, they could feel the blows. But most of all, they were going to leave.

In disbelief, Dream went to George, who was standing next to him, waiting in the exit portal. George glanced at him silently and Dream squeezed George’s arm. He was real. He went and squeezed firmly George’s hand in his, and blinked many times, trying to figure out if it was reality or not. It was the end. Really. He was going to wake up and find himself in his room.

“That’s alright.” Dream looked at his friend, confused. “We got this. We’ll get out”, George said with a smile, like he could read Dream’s thoughts.

George squeezed back his hand.

“You know…” He started gently, but then he stopped immediately. He pushed Dream and jumped back in surprise. “CAREFUL!”

Dream gasped and was pushed against the blocks. He didn’t properly get out. The purple, bright particles were overwhelming him. He knew immediately what they were. The poison particles. He had to hurry and get out. He already couldn’t breathe anymore. It was a terrible feeling to try to breathe but you can’t. Dream coughed desperately and thankfully jumped out of the exit portal. He took a few steps more and fell to his knees. He didn’t have the time to recover he felt the sweep from the Dragon’s wings above him.

“I got it!!” George shouted. The dark-haired man grabbed his blocks and built a platform to put the bed on, and then cautiously put a block besides it to protect himself.

The explosion made him gasp for air, and he hurried to put another platform. He didn’t have much hearts left, and ate food to regenerate his hearts as soon as possible. After placing the bed and the block at the right places, he glanced at the Dragon’s health bar before activating the explosion.

That’s the last one.

The explosion was so big it pushed him against a burning block. If he could spit out blood, he probably would have. All around him were dancing flames, and his whole body was injured. George started to cough, placed a water bucket under him so he could stop burning. His hands were shaking. The explosion was echoing in his ears. But when he opened back his eyes, he was surprised by a sudden blinding light coming from the sky.

Dream was standing in the field, looking up. In the dark, black sky, there was the Ender Dragon that was falling from the sky in a slow motion. All the scales from its body were shining vividly and were emanating a blinding purple light.

Suddenly, they could hear wailing and whining all around them. The Endermen had all dropped their block to the ground and had started screaming with sorrow. They were all looking at the sky and their purple sparkles were going crazy around them. Even though Dream and George were looking at them, confused, they weren’t paying attention and they were lamenting with desperate cries.