01

ITALICS - Letters written by Oscar to Alisha

Normal - Alisha's perspective

•••

Click on the 🌟 to vote!

•••

I flip the pages of the worn out diary, the hard cover feeling like sandpaper against my fingers. Tentatively, I flick to the first page, my fingers ever so softly tracing the blue ink.

Hey Ali,

It's your boy Oscar, writing you a letter for the first time since we met four years ago. I know how much you love these romantic gestures, but never did I ever think that I'd be able to fulfill the promise that I made you last year by writing you when you cannot even read this right now. I'm pathetic, aren't I?

Dr. Harding, my therapist wants me to talk to you. And since every time I look at you, unmoving and still, on that goddamn hospital bed, I just burst into tears, she suggested that I write down everything I want to say to you. So I've decided to give this a chance.

But what do I say here? That I love you so much and it hurts when I wake up everyday knowing you aren't awake with me? Your smile isn't the first thing that I witness in the morning? You've been in a coma for two weeks now, and this time period has been hell without you.

But you aren't here to listen to all of my rants. You aren't here to tell me it's alright. You aren't here to tell me you're alright.

Why aren't you here with me Ali? Why?

•••

Is Ali my name? Or is it Alisha like the doctors claim? Who am I? Who are you, Oscar?