05

Click on the 🌟 to vote!

•••

The doctors say that sometimes people who are in a coma, have higher chances of recovery if they hear the voice of their loved ones. Then why aren't you awake by now? I read to you every night. It's already been a month. Full painful month without you by my side.

I visited you today and held your hand as I told you everything about my day, without breaking down. At all. Okay, okay. I might've shed a few tears but other than that, I didn't freak out and had a panic attack like the first time I saw you in that state. I'm getting better at controlling my outbursts.

Dr. Harding says that's because my brain is getting used to seeing you in that state. What kind of bullshit do these doctors always say? I don't want to get used to seeing you this way - pale, weak and so, so lifeless.

I love you Alisha. And I want to see the gorgeous smile of the girl I fell in love with. I want to see your sparkly grey eyes looking at me as I read you your favourite book. Why aren't you opening your eyes? Why aren't you smiling?

Don't you love me anymore?

My heart swells in my chest, feeling like it's breaking apart, shattering into a millions pieces but how do I say those words? How do I believe all this?

Please come back to me. Your boy misses you like crazy.

•••