09

Click on the 🌟 to vote!

•••

I don't like college anymore. I don't like basketball anymore. I don't like swimming anymore. I hate everything now. I hate the fact that you're not here with me. I hate you for leaving me all alone.

But most of all, I hate myself. I hate myself for arguing with you the night we had the accident. I hate myself for getting jealous over some guy who doesn't even matter to us. The guy who never mattered.

Fucking hell, I'm an idiot.

I should've listened to you instead of lashing out on you and lose control of the wheel. I was supposed to protect you. I was supposed to take care of you. I was supposed to get you home safe.

But what did I do? I pushed you right into the danger, hurting the both of us. You are suffering because of me. You are lying on that hospital bed because of me.

I should be the one suffering instead of you. I should be the one going through the pain, you're going through. I should've been the one to take the damage that night. But fuck, life has never been fair to me. I destroy every good thing in my life.

You're slipping away from my fingers and I can't do anything about it. And I hate myself for causing you all this pain. I don't deserve you. I don't deserve your love. I don't deserve to be able to call you mine.

But I'm selfish and I can't let you go, Ali. I'm a mess without you. I don't know what's happening to me anymore. Everything feels so detached and numb.

All I want is that you wrap me in your embrace and tell that everything will be fine. Is that too much to ask for?

Ali, you are my happy little pill. And I don't think I can survive withdrawal.

•••