15

Click on the 🌟 to vote!

•••

It's our four year anniversary today. So here I am, in your ward, sitting next to you as I write you this letter. Today, we will take a trip down memory lane - reminisce all of those beautiful memories we made together.

I clearly remember the day we met - you were outside the coffee shop you worked at, trying to open that trash can which looked twice your size. You kicked it, punched it and even cursed atleast a hundred times but it was jammed so you couldn't open it. That's when I stepped in to help you.

You flushed red, and mumbled a small thank you in reply, offering me a free drink in return. And that's how it all began. We exchanged numbers, started talking and hanging out. At school, during your breaks, at night. Whenever we were free.

We built that tree house from scratch, just the two of us. We would sneak out at odd times just to escape reality and spent time in each other's company.

I remember the day I asked you to be my girlfriend. I remember the way you slapped me because you thought I was pranking you. And then the way you kissed me when you realized I was being serious. We were each other's first kiss and I'd be lying if I didn't feel on top of the world that day knowing that I was lucky enough to share that first with you.

I remember our first year anniversary, the day we made love for the first time ever. That was one of the happiest days of my life. I had you by my side and nothing else mattered. Nothing else matters except for you.

Hot tears roll down my face, making it difficult for me to see through my blurry vision but I compose myself, wanting to somehow relive these beautiful memories along with him.

I remember the day you barged into my room, yelling that we both got excepted in NYU. You jumped on top of me, and kept on reminding me how we would be able to live together since we both were attending the same college - along with Zora and Chralie.

I remember the day you brought our little Tori home, since you didn't have it in you to leave her alone in that abandoned alley, right where you had found her. You cleaned her, bought her food and made her sleep between us because you didn't want her to feel left out. That's how selfless you are. That's how selfless you've always been.

How can someone not fall in love with such a kind and pure soul?

Anyways, I'm done with this sappy shit now. I have your favourite music CD on me and your favourite food too. Since you've decided to leave me alone on our anniversary, I will be the only one celebrating, sitting right next to you with your hand in mine.

I got you a small gift. And I'm waiting for you to open your eyes so that you can see it. You would've been jumping with joy, curious about knowing what it is. But I'll be waiting for you to wake up.

I love you gorgeous. Happy anniversary.

Happy anniversary Oscar.

•••