Acting strange

Adrien had done it! He made it through the day! Now all he had to do was fencing and he was done with his schedule for the day. Walking down the stairs he saw Alya and Marinette talking before Alya waved and started heading off. Making a quick detour he made his way to Marinette he called out. Marinette looked surprised to say the least. "A-a-dri-e-en?" "Hey Marinette! I just wanted to say thank you again." "M-m-e? For what?" "Well... I can't really say but like I said earlier I've had a rough week..." Adrien looked away and rubbed the back of his neck. "You really admire them as heroes huh?" "Yea! I mean Ladybug is pretty cool but Chat Noir is my favorite, I think he is incredibly kind even if he gets annoying sometimes." Adrien looked at Marinette and laughed. She thought he was cool? "You sound like you know him personally!" Marinette looked panicked for a second before she blurted out quickly, "I mean doesn't everyone in a sense?" Adrien was about to respond before he heard a honk. Of course fencing! And this was the longest conversation he had with Marinette that didn't have stuttering! Darn! "Well I got to get going Marinette! Talk soon?" Marinette smiled and nodded waving at him as he turned and dashed to his car.

Adrien didn't know what had gotten into him but he was on fire during fencing! He almost beat Kagami! She hadn't been happy about that at all. He did feel bad lying to her about hanging out. But he wanted to get over to Marinettes and get what was bothering him off his chest. He stuffed his kwami full of food and worked fast on his homework before transforming. He was about to jump out of his room when his communicator beeped. Quickly jumping onto the roof outside so he wouldn't be caught as, you know, Chat Noir, he answered the call. "Good evening My Lady!" "Chat Noir we need to meet up, I've got intel on a possible Identity!" Chat felt his good mood sink. Oh. Right. Hawkmoth. "Of course! I'm on my way!" Chat hung up and took a deep breath before vaulting his way to the Eiffel tower to meet up with Ladybug.

He got there way faster than intended but somehow Ladybug beat him. Naturally, she was magnificent. Ladybug turned around and got straight to business. "Okay I think I've got it narrowed down." Chat stilled. "Oh okay." Ladybug paused and looked at Chat confused. "I thought you would be excited?" Chat jerked to attention and plastered a grin on his face "Oh I am! But what if we know him?" Ladybug cocked an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "Chat?" Chat rubbed the back of his neck and looked away. "We could get hurt. You could get hurt. I mean this is Hawk moth." Ladybug stared at him in disbelief for a moment. "Chat, we fight Akuma's almost daily..." Chat grinned and forced cheer into his voice. "Correct as always M'Lady!" Ladybug studied him a moment before continuing. "Anyways... there are several people with the resources to justify being Hawk moth..." Chat shifted on his feet and waited patiently for her to continue. Ladybug counted off on her fingers, "There is the mayor, Gabriel Agreste, Bob Roth, and Jagged stone. It can't be Jagged Stone, or Bob Roth... I see no motive and they don't seem to lack anything... So that leaves The Mayor or Gabriel Agreste.... Chat are you okay?!" Chat jerked back to reality, as soon as she had said his fathers name he had felt his world drop. He hadn't realized he had let it show. Summoning his best model pose and smile he faked a small smile. "What? Yes of course!" Ladybug walked in close causing him to widen his eyes and step back a bit. "You were acting... strange. But if you are sure your okay... lets split up tomorrow and watch them. I'll take..." Chat turned away so Ladybug wouldn't see his face before responding as evenly as possible. "I'll take Gabriel Agreste. Catch you later Ladybug." bolting into a run he jumped off the Eiffel tower and extended his baton pole vaulting away. He needed to clear his head a bit before he visited Marinette....