Shattered Glass

Chat felt free for once in his life. Everything was fuzzy as though he had something to remember but he felt so light and FREE. His eyes remained focused on Ladybug. Her face was fixed into one of horror. Looking at her made him itch in a way he hated. He only knew several things, Ladybug was the cause for everything having gone wrong, He needed... no WANTED her miraculous with such a severe ache it almost hurt, and yet at the same time he loved her so deeply he wanted nothing more than the take her face and... NO! He hated Ladybug! Right? But he also loved her... maybe he loved her so much he hated her? or the other way around. He was pulled from his thoughts as she stepped back and put her hand out. Fresh burning hatred surged through him, but he recognized it as coming from elsewhere, it wasn't coming from him, so that meant he didn't hate her then. Love, he must love her and yet she had somehow unfathomably betrayed him. He didn't understand how she had but wherever the hatred was coming from made him feel like there was something about Ladybug keeping him from some type of goal. He only knew that he needed her miraculous and he loved her.

"Chat, Please come back to me! I don't want to fight you! I know you can fight the Akuma!" Ladybug took a step towards him as if to embrace him. He felt the otherworldly anger take hold of him. He knew it was coming from Hawkmoth and at her words he so desperately wanted to fight it but the anger and hate being at such close proximity and the deep feeling of loss coming from the man in the purple suit was overwhelming, the hold was too strong. Still, he allowed her to come close and place a hand on his chest, allowed her to look up at him. "Please Chat, come back to me." Her voice was calm and soothing and he wanted nothing more to let her stay there. He felt the hold on his mind waver and felt her gloved hand wipe away a tear as it slid down his cheek. And yet he felt nothing other than the need for her miraculous and his feelings for her. Why was he coming back? He couldn't comprehend her words. Suddenly the voice crashed through his skull TAKE HER MIRACULOUS AND BECOME WHOLE. IT CAN FIX EVERYTHING. Jerking back he slapped her hand away. Hard. "NO! Give me your miraculous Ladybug! So i can fix everything." He held his clawed white hand out fixing a frosty expression on his face. He loved her, why couldn't she just do this the easy way? Ladybug stepped back with misty eyes and put her hand on her yo yo. "I don't want to fight you Chat! Fight it!"

Chat let out a low chuckle and he lowered his hand. TAKE HER MIRACULOUS TO SAVE YOUR MOTHER! "Why my dearest Ladybug! Why would I do that?!" His mind cleared. His purpose was clear. "I can save my mother! I can fix my family! Don't you see?! and most of all I can finally see who you are! The love of my life!" Chat half crouched and flexed his fingers. He set his half feral gaze upon Ladybug and smirked. "But I need your miraculous to do that don't I Ladybug?" Ladybug pulled her yo yo out and grimaced as tears threatened to spill. "I cannot do that Chat, you know that. You cannot fix your mother without sacrifice, the world would balance it with another person close to Hawkmoth. Don't you understand that?" Chat narrowed his eyes at her. It didn't matter! He needed this, couldn't she understand that? "Make this easy, I won't give you another chance Bugaboo." He watched as Ladybug seemed to come to a decision and started spinning her yo yo. She held her stance however, he assumed she was leaving the first move up to him. How... pathetic. He thought the mighty Ladybug would stroke first. Had he just been blind in his love? No, he was correct to love her, she was just showing a weakness. One he could exploit. "Then let us dance My Lady." Standing suddenly he pointed his finger at her and created a tiny ball of destructive light. For a split second he marveled at his upgraded control over his cataclysm before flicking it with intense speed towards her. With a massive explosion he heard Hawkmoth yell in anger, glass shatter, and Ladybug scream. He felt no joy in this as shards and chunks of glass flew everywhere, one even cut his cheek slightly and nicked his ear. Crackling was heard as he waited impatiently to see any sign of movement for a few seconds before swiftly moving towards where his cataclysmic blast had struck. So little power and yet so much destruction! He stopped suddenly when he heard a crack on the floor and looked down. He had merely stepped on a piece of glass but it showed him perfectly. everything about him was white except his skin and his ice blue eyes. Looking up he swept his gaze around looking for any sign of movement once again. Snapping his eyes to the right he saw Ladybug getting up from under a pile of some stones. Looks like she had survived the blast with minimal damage...