Lucky catch

Adrien woke up that day in a good mood. His visit to Marinette's, though he accidentally revealed himself, had cheered him up drastically. He woke up feeling lighter than he had in a while. He felt all light and bubbly, like how he felt around Ladybug! He didn't realize he was smiling until his Kwami made a comment, "Geez kid you look like me when I'm about to eat some good Camembert. Whats got you all happy? Could it be a certain love bug?" Adrien paused in the middle of tying his shoes. "What? No! I just feel happy to have talked about the whole situation with Marinette! Wait..." Adrien gave Plagg a dirty look as Plagg smirked at him, "Sounds like someone has a new crush! Adrien and Marinette sitting in a tree..." Plagg dodged the remote Adrien threw in his direction and disappeared into the drawer where Adrien kept his cheese. What the heck was Plagg talking about! He loved Ladybug and Marinette was dating Luka...right? Although if Marinette was Ladybug... that meant Ladybug was dating Luka? Adrien shook his head and stood up. There was no way Ladybug and Marinette were the same person... right? Adrien made his way towards his door and down the stairs only to be stopped by someone clearing their throat. Perking up a bit he turned to face his father. "Yes father?" Gabriel stared at his son with a stony expression for a moment before speaking. "Adrien it has come to my attention you have been looking... less than well rested for your photo shoots. So starting today, you will be practicing your piano at school during your free period and no photo shoots for several days. Make sure your getting rest Adrien." Before Adrien could respond Gabriel turned on his heel and retreated to his office. Feeling slightly disappointed he turned and headed to the car.

Adrien arrived at school and immediately started searching for Marinette. "Hey Dude whats up!" Adrien glanced at Nino's fist after a moments hesitation and gave him a fist bump. "Hey Nino!" "Dude? You okay? You look distracted." Adrien did one more look around the front of the school before resisting the urge to sigh and started walking up the stairs with Nino. "Nah I'm all cool! I was just looking out for Chloe! Hah..." Nino looked at his doubtfully for a moment before chuckling. "Sure thing bro. Hey-" "ADRIKINS!" Adrien had just lifted his foot to step up when his longtime friend went to tackle him. Time seemed to freeze, he knew this sensation only as Chat Noir, he was in fact about to fall and tumble down the stairs. Only this time without his superhuman durability. True to his nature though, he pushed Chloe away towards Sabrina so keep her from falling with him, however this also caused him to have no chance to catch his balance. Chloe made a surprised offended face, Sabrina grabbed onto Chloe for dear life and Nino looked like he was yelling something and trying to catch his best friends arm. Trying. Adrien was unfamiliar to this sensation without being his hero self so he tried his best to just catch himself, somehow... Suddenly he felt himself collide with something, no he had stopped falling completely. He felt someone tug on his hand and allowed them to pull him up. Letting out a relieved breath he looked at the person who had grabbed his hand. Green eyes met blue and for one split second he thought Ladybug had saved him, the smirk on her face and the same eyes.... "DUPAIN-CHENG! How dare you pass your clumsiness to my Adrikins!" Adrien watched the very ladybuglike visage melt from Marinette's face to one of embarrassment. Suddenly Adrien was mad. She had kept him from hitting his head and he trusted her to keep his secret. Marinette was a truly amazing girl and friend! He watched as Marinette put her head down and set her jaw and started to turn and walk away. Quickly taking hold of her hand he pulled Marinette to his side and faced Chloe as she stormed down the steps to them. "Marinette let go of his hand!" Marinette was looking at Adrien like he had lost his mind and grown a tail, which in a sense he had. "Chloe." Chloe turned her icy eyes on Adrien. "Adrik-" "Chloe, Marinette stopped me from falling, which by the way you knocked me off balance." Chloe huffed and stomped her foot. "But Adri-" Adrien continued, "Furthermore Marinette is an amazing girl and I would like you to leave her alone from now on, do I make myself clear?" Chloe rolled her eyes and pivoted on her heal storming off. "UTTERLY RIDICULOUS"

Adrien watched as Sabrina rushed after her giving Adrien an apologetic smile. Adrien saw Nino walking toward him with raised eyebrows and Alya was covering her mouth as she snickered. Adrien was confused until he felt a squeeze on his hand. Quickly letting go he stepped back a bit to a very red faced Marinette. "Marinette I'm so sorry! I just wanted Chloe to know she can't mess with my friends, and you're an amazing girl and-" Marinette flashed what looked like a fake smile at Adrien, "Its okay! Really!" Adrien gave a sigh of relief and rubbed the back of his neck. "Okay... just tell Luka I'm sorry, I didn't mean to just grab your hand like that." Marinette looked confused and glanced at Alya for a moment. "..Luka? Why would that upset Luka?" Adrien blinked for a moment before responding, "I thought you two were dating? I mean not that its my business or anything...." Adrien suddenly felt very warm. He looked away and down at the ground before fiddling with his ring. Was he wrong? Were they not... "Dating? Oh no. Luka is a really great friend and I know he likes me but I don't like him in that way.. I mean no we aren't dating." Marinette giggled a bit. "But... thank you for defending me against Chloe, that must be hard fighting with a childhood best friend. Lets head to class?" Adrien looked around realizing they were the only ones standing there. Which meant.... Oh no, class was about to start! He felt a tap on his shoulder and looked into Marinette's eyes and smiled. "You bet Marinette!" Smiling he followed behind Marinette headed to class. He didn't know why but he was really relieved Marinette wasn't dating Luka....