ocean

It was just another Friday morning , 11:30 a.m. to be exact, when the 4 foot , 80 pound, shameless cucumber stepped into my room. Raising his voice to as loud and as possible as he could. " Wake up" he screeched. Was it a screech ? no it was much worse. Maybe something a little more squeaky , high pitched , close enough to when you slowly drag a chalk on a board.

        A human sized alarm clock is just what I needed right now. My 10 year old brother didn't mind me being rude to him, because he loved to annoy me . It was his job , so professional and so elegant ,being done so effortlessly.. no ...more like passionately to the point where he will have me question my abilities. 

How can someone be so good at doing what I despite most? Especially in the morning time. the ringing in my ears would soon stop , only and only if I apply enough pressure to the spongy cloud that I had been resting my head on for the past 8 something hours.

       Eventually after about what felt like forever , I was told that we were going to the beach . should have said that in the beginning. Could've avoided the small argument of you-should-go-bother-someone-else but you never tell someone good news first. As I get up , my eyes ached to close. My body longing to shut down just to restart with a repeated update.

 Everyone already got what they needed ready, while I struggled to keep up with the steady beat of silence . The windows were now open , and the shadow of the curtains was replaced with a scolding sun. Announcing the start of a timeless clock , ticking slowly enough to age you from the beauty of life it self. Sunrays danced across my room with a simple rhythm before landing right below my feet .

      Sometimes I just want to lay there and drown in my own world , with the energy that I choose to be around. Made up figures with rare personalities . A world where I'm likable by every living thing that crosses paths with me. Where money is nonexistent , where what you put on your body doesn't define WHO you are . But alas, imagination is just a coping method for when you need to escape reality.

        With whatever energy I have left , eating breakfast and preparing myself for a fulfilled day , made me realize how quickly I could get things done with stress . Dragging my feet to the small green KIA car, I stop waiting for my loving dad who was now encouraging us to go out , load the car with food , a blanket and a folding chair. He smiles at me , slightly nodding towards the car , indicating me to hurry up and get in.

 I had gotten used to the family code , a couple movements could define a whole sentence. Without him having to speak, like on a "how to" paper, the directions were loud and clear.

            Closing the door behind me , the A.C. blows invisible snow, drying my eyes out in a matter of seconds ,my eyes instantly water from the loss of liquid . My mom plays an Arab song , lyrics that were meaningless were now sang with devotion. We were in a cars' trembling heart , its pulse vibrated and shook the seats. Expressing long held in emotions through lively elated vocals.

 my older sister and  my younger brother argue over who gets to sit next to the window. I try to regain my composure , putting my glasses on for the first time that day. as if I wasn't already blind, my vision blurred with fear . Nearly minuets later my dad steps on the gas , a little too hard , but since we were all so caught up in our own juncture , his careless mistake went unnoticed , and lost in the place where irrelevant memories were left behind.

       What I thought would take forever , took longer. But the small conversations that were made here and there, were very much distracting , making time speed up, quicker than how we were going , if only all things that I didn't enjoy were like this. Only one can dream.

             It was around 1:00 p.m. when we had arrived at the beach. taking out all of our belongings from the small car. Observing my surroundings , I notice ; The sky hugging the earth , the big ball of fire trying to hide away while still in plain sight .

 Observing the children play , running back and forth , enjoying each others presence . My family and I sat a little further away from everyone else to avoid getting sick. We unloaded our belongings , and as I sat there trying to take in Gods' amazing creations, birds flew past us . The trees swayed from side to side, in no particular pattern . 

And the air? Oh my goodness. It was magical , it wasn't the oxygen anymore. The air scented with a hint of love , a feeling that can't be described. An overused word finally comes to light ; giving me every last droplet of its abandoned soul.

           The waters' salty aroma lingered around us. Stepping close to the shore, the waves rose up with caution, this wasn't my territory to invade. The endless cluster of water droplets splashed angrily. I smile and take a step forward , burying my toes in the soggy sand.

 Warming my skin with the micro pebbles, I sank further down. I challenged the water, but instead of returning irritably , the waves made their way back in a slow manner, offering an apology by tickling my feet.

            It felt like home to me , so comforting to the point where that if they locked the gates, and left me here , I wouldn't mind. Nature is so beautiful ! I take in what I could by blinking quickly a couple of times, my mind gathers pictures to put in my long-lasting scrap book of moments I may never get to re-live again .

 Life was like a movie , with the best unplanned scenes, a made up script of my decision making, a choice away from a completely different life style, but just like every movie , it depends on you to make an unforgettable ending!