Chapter Thirteen: "Afraid of glass?"

Thirteen is an unlucky number...

Question: Has anything bad or weird happen to you on a Friday the 13th?

Chapter Thirteen: "Afraid of glass?"

"Boys! Hurry up we are going to be late!" Brenda calls.

I sit down at the counter, my dance bag full of my costumes, hair ties, extra makeup, hairspray, and more dance essentials that I need for my competition.

Max walks into the kitchen, "Are you excited?"

"Of course! But I'm nervous, too."

"Well, that's normal. You'll do great."

I smile, "Thanks."

He smiles, grabbing an apple from the bowl on the counter and takes a bite out of it.

All of a sudden Brenda rushes into the kitchen, "Max! Peyton! Come on we have to go!"

We hop down off the stool and rush outside. I see Cody in his car, so I take shotgun as Ryan, Kenzie, and Max squeeze in the back.

I take the aux cord, plugging in my phone, and play my dance playlist, the songs playing that I usually listen to before competitions.

Surprisingly Ryan doesn't complain.

Until We're All In This Together from High School Musical starts playing.

"No."

"This is a song I always listen to before competitions. It's a must."

"Well make your 'must' somewhere else. Because this song is crap."

Kenzie gasps at Ryan, "What are you talking about? This song is a classic."

"Thank you," I say.

Ryan rolls his eyes, looking out the window with a blank expression on his face.

We soon arrive at the place the competition is held at. Cody drops me off, telling me that they'll see me after.

I walk into the building and sign in, the nice lady working telling me what room my team is in.

I go down the hall and find the room, walking inside with a huge smile on my face.

"Peyton!" Liv screams, running up to me.

I tackle her in a hug as I feel another pair of arms wrap around me.

"Hey, guys!" I say to Liv and Riley, "I missed you so much."

"We literally saw you this morning," Riley says.

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, but I still missed you."

"Okay guys, time for dancing. I need to get ready," Liv says.

I say hello to everyone on my team and I walk up to Melissa, my dance teacher, "Hi, Melissa. I'm sorry I'm late."

She gives me a hug, "You're actually just on time! Go get ready and we'll rehearse the dances a couple of times."

"Okay," I open my bag, putting on my duet costume because that dance is before my group dance.

We rehearse the duet a couple of times before a lady comes into our room and says that it's time for duets.

"Oh my gosh," I muttered, realizing something as we walked to the stage.

Liv looked at me, "What? What's wrong?"

"I just realized something."

She gives me a look that's asking, what did you realize?

"This is my last competition with this team until I leave."

Living With The Taylor's [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara