Chapter Nineteen: "I'm fine."

*trigger warning*

Question: Single or taken?

Brace yourselves. Questions will be answered.

Chapter Nineteen: "I'm fine."

"I'm not surprised."

"What do you mean?" I ask Riley through facetime.

"Well, it was going to happen eventually!" He exclaims.

"What was?"

"This bitch is so fucking dumb," Liv says.

I roll my eyes.

"Nothing happened. We just had a moment, I guess," I say, biting my lip.

"You stared into each other's eyes! I'm surprised you guys didn't kiss yet," Riley scoffs.

"Or fuck," Liv adds.

"I wish," I mutter.

"Trust me, girl. We know," Liv says.

I burst into laughter.

"Peyton!" I hear a voice scream from downstairs.

"I gotta go guys," I say my goodbyes to my friends and head downstairs and into the kitchen.

Max, Cody, Ryan, and Kenzie are all there.

"What's up?" I ask, sitting on a stool.

"We're going to the beach. Do you want to come?" Cody asks me.

I glance at Ryan.

"Uh," I hesitate, "Sure."

"Cool. Meet us back down here in a few minutes," Max says, smiling at me.

I smile back and rush upstairs. I change into a black bikini and put all of the things I will need into my bag. I run back downstairs to everyone in the kitchen.

We all pile into Cody's car and head to the beach. During the drive, I text Jordan and ask her to meet me at the beach.

She responds:

Sorry :/ can't. Out with my dad today.

I text back a sad face emoji and we finally arrive at the beach.

I immediately put in my AirPods and sit on my chair to tan for a little while. After a few songs, I feel my AirPods being ripped out of my ears and wet, cold, water splashing my entire body.

I gasp, sitting up to see the boys rolling in the sand, cracking up. Cody has a bucket in his hands and Max is holding my phone and AirPods.

"Oh, it's on!" I scream, running over and tackling Cody.

We all grab different buckets and start running to the water. But of course Ryan has a water gun, spraying us of all immediately with water.

We play around in the water for a while before getting tired and sitting back down in our chairs.

Max sits next to me, scrolling through his tiktok. He shows me a few and sends me some on private messages.

After a few minutes he places his hand on my thigh and lightly squeezes it. I look over at him and he jokingly winks at me.

We start cracking up as I move his hand away.

After another few minutes he starts rubbing my shoulder. He slowly moves his hand to my bathing suit strap and starts pulling it down to the side to try and reveal one of my boobs.

"Max!" I scream, holding up my top.

He moves his hand away and we start laughing again.

Damn, my heart is pounding.