Chapter 4

2017

Four years later Gulf was 19 years old and not having the best year. He had graduated from high school the year before and he wasn't sure what he wanted to do in College. His parents made him have a gap year to find where his interest lies.

It was in September when the city hosted a huge career guidance for teenagers. Companies and organizations were encouraged to showcase themselves encouraging the youth to do relatable programs in the university.

The event was going to last for 7 days and Gulf's parents were glad to hear the news. They called their son and sat him down.

"we would like you to go to the conference"

"you must be kidding me" He replied as fell back on the couch.

"trust me son this is what you need, considering you are taking a break and figuring out what you want."

"but pa, I have made a choice already. I will just do something sports related."

"you don't even know what the college program is called." Gulf's mother complained.

"mae"

"no. you are going for the career guidance conference for the week. It's the first month of October so prepare yourself"

"where is it going to be held?" He asked defeated. He never won against his parents.

"at the community university"

"ok" Gulf got up and started went to his room.

The first day of October, he was being dropped by his father at the university with his small trunk for the week.

He saw banners lined up in the parking lot showing names of the participating organisations. They were a lot.

The entrance was crowded as people were signing in. The first day was scheduled for signing in and Gulf was able to sign in after an hour and half. People from different parts of the country had come to join the conference. Gulf realised It was a huge deal.

The following day, he was given the schedule for the week, but he didn't check it.

Gulf tried to attend as many programs as possible and it was tedious although informative. He found what he wanted to do in university. Industrial Education and Technology.

He was bored out of his mind in one conference room when he took his schedule and started reading it again. He saw on the last 2 days of the conference, there was a hospitality industry presentation but what drew his attention was the facilitators.

The main facilitator was someone from KVG Group of Hotels and aided by Elevate Group of Hotels.  The name Elevate rang a bell in his mind. He had not forgotten about it all. He had followed it up on the social media and had read news about it. It had grown so much in the last four years and they had opened more Hotels in other cities. Mew had become popular in this industry. Mew's mother was one of the respected icons in the industry.

They were only on the 3rd day of the conference and waiting two more days was going to be hard for him.

But he did it. Patiently. Hoping to see Mew representing his hotel.

He familiarized with the environment during the days. He knew which rooms the hospitality industry was going to use. He knew the offices and bathrooms etc.

It was first day of the conference. The room had a fair amount of people. They filled in three quarters of the space. The projector lighted up and in the class two facilitators came in dressed in formal clothes.

They introduced themselves and Gulf smiled when Mew spoke up, his voice demanding attention and attention it got. Gulf did not pay attention to what they were saying. He was seated in the middle row where he got a perfect view of Mew. He was just staring at him all the time. That's what he wanted to do. Just look at him doing his thing. He liked how manly he had become.

A few hours later, the class cleared and then facilitators where left cleaning up their stuff. Another organization was coming in for a presentation in a few hours.

Gulf went up front and sat on top of the front desk.

"Hi P' Mew". He greeted as he crossed his hands on his chest staring intently at the man.

"Hi. Do you have any questions concerning the presentation?" Mew asked not looking at the person greeting him

"Long time p'" Gulf tried again.

Mew looked up and saw the person. He recognized him. He hadn't changed much.

"are you considering the Hospitality industry?"

"No I'm considering where we should continue with the conversation we were having fur years ago" Gulf said approaching the man.

Mew finished packing his stuff ignoring the boy as if he hadn't heard what he just said.

"we can continue it here it's just a conversation, right?"

Gulf was now standing in front of Mew's desk. Mew standing at the other side of it.

"p' we need to talk"

"go ahead and talk" Mew said not raising his head to look at Gulf.

Gulf grabbed Mew's hand that was about to lift a file from the table and raised it up

"we should continue our unfinished conversation" he said again emphasising on unfinished.

Mew stared at the boy and he smiled.

"do you want us to do it here?"

Gulf shook his head. He packed the rest of Mew's stuff on the table and walked out of the room. Mew followed behind, hands in his pocket with a small smile on his face. The boy had grown into a young adult. He was fierce but had a seven year of trapped in his body. His smile grew some more as he walked big strides to catch up with the boy carrying his stuff.

They got to a dormitory and Gulf closed the door and locked it. Mew looked around and saw the room was furnished on one side and the other was empty. He was using the room alone. He did not fully appreciate the room as he was being pushed against the wall. Gulf was kissing the life out of him. They paused and stared at each other.

Gulf moved in for a kiss and Mew was about to kiss him too, but Gulf moved his head back to look at Mew. He was teasing the man.

"am I old enough now?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

Mew grabbed his head and pulled him into a breath-taking kiss.

He had waited 4 years to do this.