Chapter 4

The door in the science lab opened revealing Liz and a healed Nate.

"Nate!! You're alright!" I exclaimed as I hugged her tightly

"Oi, my wound hurts. Let go," Nate replied and I quickly apologized.

"What happened? I heard some ruckus outside the science lab while treating Nate," Liz asked.

"Umm, the monster woke up and almost killed me, good thing that this guy beside me killed it," I replied and pointed to at the guy.

"By the way, what's your name?" I asked the guy

"Alexander but just call me Alex," He introduced. Apparently, we are on the same classroom, but I never get the chance to talk with him. He's one of the transfer students and he's from Japan.

"My name's Michaela but call me Ela for short," I introduced.

"The name's Nathan but my friends call me Nate," Nate also introduced.

"My name's Elizabeth but they call me Liz," Liz also introduced.

"I never get to ask. How did you kill those monsters?" I asked

"Those monsters.... I call them Deceivers because they can deceive many people by shapeshifting. You can kill them by decapitating them," Alex replied. "That knife of yours cannot even decapitate a single Deceiver. Get another weapon, something like this," He stated as he showed us an axe, he probably got that on an emergency fire kit or something.

"Tch. I don't have any weapon and the only thing in my room was this knife," I spoke as I looked at my knife. "Maybe decapitating them isn't the only way," I suddenly spoke as they all looked at me with confused faces.

"Didn't you see how I killed that Deceiver? I decapitated it," Alex replied.

"Well, decapitating them is hard. Let's go find an easier way to kill them. I also wanted to decapitate someone though," I spoke and then realized that they are all staring at me.

"Anyways, let's go find some weapons to protect ourselves. Let's go to the cooking room first," Nate spoke as we both followed him towards the cooking room. We looked around the room and looked for knives. Something like butcher knife.

Nate grabbed a hatchet while Liz grabbed a butcher knife. This is kind of dumb but I grabbed some normal knives.

"Oi, I said those things can't decapitate a single Deceiver," Alex spoke behind me.

"Hmm, I've always wanted to hold a knife for survival. And it would be better if I had a lot of knives. Maybe if I can put all these knives to that Deceiver's neck, it can decapitate him," I replied and looked at him. "Besides, these knives are sharper than any normal knives," I informed as I place my finger on the blade and it grazed my finger.

"You're crazy, aren't you? Never seen this side of you before," Alex spoke and asked Liz for a band-aid.

"If you asked my friends, they'll tell you I'm crazy," I replied as I let Alex put the band-aid at the wound.

"All set? Let's go. If one of us gets lost, just use your phones. Pretty sure you have your phones, right?" Alex asked.

"Ah!" I exclaimed as they all looked at me

"What?" Liz asked.

"I left my phone at home," I replied.