Chapter 5

"Are you stupid? The first thing you need for survival is your phone!" Alex scolded.

"Sorry okay? I'd be dead if I searched for my phone at my room before escaping," I replied.

"Escaping? What happened before you got here, Ela?" Nate asked.

"After hearing some news about Deceivers, I quickly went home and saw my parents. They told me to get some rest upstairs until I saw my 'real' parents, dead at their room. I went to my room and made a rope to escape from the balcony. Good thing I reached the ground when my 'mother' broke the door," I replied and sighed. "I suggest we go back to my home. With all your weapons you can kill them," I suggested as we left the school.

~Time Skip~

We stood in front of my house. It looks fine outside, but when we entered, it was a total chaos.

'Pretty sure the only mess I made was upstairs. What happened here?' I thought as I slowly went upstairs. I looked over in front of my parent's door and was really nervous to open it. I took a peek and saw my parent's bodies aren't there anymore. 'Huh? I remember them lying on the floor.' I thought as I opened the door and suddenly, a Deceiver lunged at me.

"Ah shit!" I cursed while struggling. I quickly pulled a knife out of my bag and stabbed the Deceiver at the nape, deep enough to kill him. The Deceiver became unresponsive and I pushed it away as the others came up to me.

"Ela, are you alright?" Liz asked as I pulled out the knife from the nape of the Deceiver.

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine. If I don't have a knife with me, I would have been dead," I stated as I placed the knife at my bag. "Before checking my room, I'll check inside my parent's room first," I stated as I slowly walked inside, not letting my guard down. I checked inside my parent's drawers to see if there's anything important. I checked under the bed to see a small briefcase without a lock in it. While being curious, I opened the briefcase to see a lot of documents about experimentations.

Test Subject 89521

Class: Keter

Status: Alive

Race: Human (former)

Test Subject 68263

Class: Keter

Status: Alive

Race: Human (former)

"What do they mean former? Are my parents the cause of some monster invasion? And there are many documents about it? Are they doing some illegal experimentations?" I asked myself one after another. I took all the documents and placed them on my bag. As I was about to leave, there's a letter underneath all the documents about experimentations. And it was addressed to me.

"Dear Daughter,

If you are reading this, perhaps the apocalypse had already begun. You're probably curious about what does the documents mean and what's happening to the world right now.

Two years ago, we planned to experiment people and used different kind of chemicals, just to create a human with shapeshifting abilities. The humans we used are people who are abandoned by their parents and families. All 61 experiments became silent and brainless and so we planned to terminate the experiment. I ordered the guards to kill all the experiments until Test Subject 89521 and 68623 killed the guards and freed the other Test Subjects.

I ran towards the house and wrote this letter before getting killed by those Test Subjects. I don't know how to kill the Test Subjects and from this day, you're on your own now. Get some help from your friends and make sure, they are your real friends. Don't let those Test Subjects deceive you.

Sincerely,

Your loving father"

"......what? My father and other scientists.... was the cause of this apocalypse? I don't understand," I spoke to myself as I also kept the letter in my bag and left the room.

"Did you find anything important?" Nate asked as I jumped a bit

"Huh? Oh n-no. I didn't," I stuttered. "Let's go towards my room," I spoke as I walked out of my parent's room