To Be King

No spoilers this time either. Not sure what I was thinking with this one...
____________________________________

        Nothing but the weight of gravity in the midst of darkness. There was no light, no source of hope left. It was simply to fall. That is all he could do. With his eyes wide open he fell with no regard to what awaited him. His mind was not focused on anything in particular as the wind created by his fall howled in his ears. There was no end to this fall, and he was okay with that. He had no desire to go back to where he had initially fallen from, after all...it was for her sake.

        "(Y/n)." Hearing his name called, he opened his eyes. It had been nothing more than a daydream if it were even to be called such. His eyes landed on her, the one who had called his name. "You're in my seat," she spoke with no hostility. Of course, Mordred would never do such a thing when speaking to him.

        "Act as if I'm not even here," (y/n) boredly said as Mordred eyed him with those almost metallic eyes of hers. He remembered a time when they glowed an innocently soft green. Even her hair was a brighter shade of blond back then. He himself had been far more saintly during those times, but now he was certain that the blemishes in his soul were beyond repair.

        "Don't go complaining later on," she warned, pulling off the dark kingly robe that trailed behind her. The guards at the front of the throne room promptly left to stand guard outside the door. "I will not be leaving my throne for a while."

        (Y/n) kept silent as she draped the fur lined robe over his shoulders before sitting in his lap. She was always shameless in most everything she did nowadays, especially in war. Camelot was prosperous under her rule, but she was constantly cutting down anyone and anything that so much as seemed to be in the way of her ambitions. And (y/n) had no problem with that. So long as she would be his and he be hers, then anything was fine. "Can you try not to kill anyone today?" (y/n) asked. He nuzzled against her neck in an attempt to persuade her.

        "You will not hesitate, so why should I? You're operating an entire defense system even as you speak to me now." She huffed in annoyance. "I will do as I see fit and that will be all." Just as she finished her words, the throne room doors were opened to end their idle chat and start the day's activities. Attending to the concerns of the people was necessary no matter how annoying (y/n) found it to be. Perhaps it was due to his similarities to his former mentor. Both of them had their preferences when it came to human interaction.

        "Your highness, there has been a growing problem in the rural areas. The livestock has been the target of multiple attacks from an unknown source. I ask for your assistance in this matter," the man announced after kneeling. The two guards next to him were too fearful to get any closer to Mordred than they already were. (Y/n) couldn't blame them either. All of them were in beheading range for Mordred and if she chose to order it, (y/n) would have to handle them himself.

        "Why are you just now informing me of this matter? Shouldn't you have said something before the situation got out of hand?" Mordred growled. Her hand remained rested on the hilt of her sword which was propped up against the throne.

        "There have only been two incidents, your highness. I didn't think you'd want me to waste your valuable time w-with a few missing animals," the man answered. He was practically shaking and (y/n) almost laughed at the poor man. His past self would never do such, but that was before his hands had been tainted with the blood of his mentor.

        "Very well then. I shall send Sir Bedivere to handle this. It is to my understanding that he handles these matters with better wit than the other knights," Mordred declared.