Inarizaki: Inari Okami Part 2

A/N: I finally felt like writing the second part, so here you go!

It's a little crappy and not so good, but I hope you still enjoy it!

(This will be the final part of this very mini series)

Thanks for reading!
———

It was early in the morning when I had informed my mother of my plans.

"Mother, I'll be going to the shrine now!" She shooed me and proceeded to father's room. Unfortunately, he had gotten ill and was in a weakened state. It was a mild fever but he didn't seem to o be getting any better.

"I'll be back later!" I called out. I ran out to the yard and out the the gates. I speed walked in the direction of the shrine.

I was 12 years old now and could visit on my own, without father. I always made sure to clean first and have fun later.

I ran up the path that lead to the stairs of the shrine. I finally ran out of breath and took a break at the bottom of the steps.

I felt something soft brush up against my leg. Looking down, I saw Kita-sama. "Ah, Kita-sama. You didn't have to come get me!" I yelped.

He shook his head and waited till I was ready to head up.

As we walked up the stairs, I talked to him. "Kita-sama, I miss coming here with father. He's sick and I'm not allowed to see him at home." Kita just listened and nodded.

We reached the top and I was met with two more fluffy friends. "Atsumu-sama! Osamu-sama!" I exclaimed. The twin foxes ran and jumped into my arms, nearly knocking me over.

"It's good to see you guys again." They yipped and giggled while I gave them belly rubs.

In the distance, I heard approaching footsteps. I looked up to see Akagi-sama and Gin-sama running full speed towards me.

"Wait! Don't ju-"

"Ack!" I squeaked as they landed on me, making me fall.

Oomimi-sama, Ojiro-sama and Suna-sama followed after, walking to me.

"You guys sure are happy today." I said. They all sat in front of me and the twins nodded vigorously.

"Let me clean up the shrine first. Go play or something. When I'm finished, we can play altogether."

They all looked at me sadly and I just patted their heads. "Go on, Ive got work to do."

They slowly turned and went into the surrounding forest or stayed by the shrine.

I sighed heading to the shed to grab the broom. It was early autumn and the tree leaves were beginning to fall.

I swept them off the pathway and into a pile, under a tree. I then grabbed a cloth to wipe down and polish the fox statues.

After an hour of cleaning away, I wiped my forehead. "Whew, That sure takes some time."

"Yip." Surprised, I looked down. "Ah, Kita-sama." I smiled and bowed. He sat himself down and tilted his head. He simply stared straight into my soul.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. Kita shook his head 'no' and suddenly called out.

The other foxes came running and they all gathered around. Kita gestured for me to sit down and I did.

A bunch of fog engulfed the foxes, preventing me from seeing. I hear 'poofs' and the fog starts to clear up.

My eyes widen and my jaw drops. "Wha?!"

"We apologize for keeping this a secret till now. But, we actually have human forms and can speak." Kita-sama admitted and bowed deeply. The others followed suit.

"Y/N-chan!~ I'm glad I can finally talk to you." Atsumu-sama sang.

"Uh, yeah...me too I guess." I sputtered.

I stared at all of them. As humans, they were so beautiful. They even exceeded what I would've expected.

"Oomimi-sama! You're actually really tall?!" I blurted. He looked down  at me and nodded. "It's surprising since I am the smallest in fox form."

"We also have child forms, if that makes you more comfortable." Ojiro-sama informed. He was covered in fog again and became younger. His features, height and voice became undeveloped.

"Woah! That's so cool!" I exclaimed.

"Right?" Atsumu-sama boasted and turned into a child himself. His voice got higher and he was a lot shorter, but still taller than me.

He came right up to me and patted my head. Then, he sat down in front of me and gave a close eyed smile.

"You must be tired." Osamu-sama said. I waved my hands and replied. "No, I'm fine. I'm used to it."

He stayed in his adult form and sat next to me. He rested his head on mine, tail wrapping around me.

"No fair Samu!" Atsumu complained. He transformed into an adult. He scooted closer and was at my other side. He too wrapped his tail around me.

I looked closer at their faces and they were both really handsome. Something tells me that they must be popular with the ladies. Or were popular with the ladies at some point.

"Y/N-chan~ take a nap on my tail, will ya?" Atsumu-sama insisted. He grabbed me and lifted me up and started walking to a tree.

"Where in the hell do ya think yer going?" Osamu-sama growled lowly. Both Atsumu-sama and I turned our heads.

Osamu-sama had gotten up and walked to us. He yanked me out of his brother's arms and set me down. "Y/N, would ya like to sleep on my tail? It's softer than Tsumu's"

"Uh...I'd love to but...."

"No! She's gonna rest with me and my tail!" Atsumu-sama intervened.

"Hah? You really wanna go don't ya?" Osamu-sama scoffed.

They grabbed each other by the collars and started shouting insults. They were getting louder and louder. I didn't know what to do. I hate conflict.

They were just about to start hitting each other when a hand was placed on my shoulder.

"Stop." The twins turned and looked behind me. It was Kita-sama. Their eyes widened and they backed away from each other. "Uh.....he did it!" They said in unison, blaming each other.

Kita-sama sighed and closed his eyes. "You two, go kneel in the corner."

"What?!"

"But Kita-san!"

"Now."

I watched as the brothers slowly and sadly walked to a corner. They got on their knees and raised their hands high above their heads. They quietly sulked and I felt a little bad for them.

Kita-sama then picked me up. "Eh?! Kita-sama?!" I gasped. He hummed and patted my head. "Stay still." I nodded and sat in his arms.

He walked over to the trees that lined the path to the shrine. He found a relatively large one and sat down. He set me down too and pointed to his fluffy tail.

"Nap on it." His tail swished around before setting itself down. I looked at him questioningly, to see if he was serious. He gestured to lay down and so I did.

It was majestically soft. It was warm and comforting. I snuggled his tail and closed my eyes.

I miss coming here with father, but at least I'm not alone here....