Date? [5]

Kai sat on the bed while Remy was getting dressed for the day. He had chosen a nicer shirt than usual paired with his jeans. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to dress for his meeting with Emile, but he wanted to look good... just in case.

"Okay, kiddo. You ready to head over to Mr. Hart's daycare?"

"Nuh-uh." Kai shook their head, pointing at their feet. Their shoelaces dangled

"Oh! I almost forgot. Sorry."

"Is otay."

Once Remy tied Kai's shoelaces for them, he took them to the daycare center. Mr. Hart was more than glad to keep them for a little bit while Remy met with Emile. Even though Remy explained why Emile had offered to meet, Mr. Hart smirked a little as he left the building.

Remy walked a few blocks over to the café he and Emile agreed to meet at. He had never been to this place and was a little nervous about how much it might cost. He planned on not getting anything to eat anyway. Right now the spare money he had was going towards getting Kai a new pair of sneakers. The soles of their current pair were almost falling off the rest of the shoe.

Turning the corner, Remy could see the café a little ways down the street. Sitting just outside was Emile. The second Emile spotted Remy walking towards him, he stood up with a smile.

"Remy!"

"Sup, babes."

"How've you and Kai been doing?" Emile asked fiddling with a pink, yellow, and blue bracelet on his wrist.

"We've been alright. You?"

"Pretty good! You ready to head on inside?"

"Yep." Remy nodded, pushing open the door. Emile smiled and walked inside, Remy following close behind. They took a seat at an empty booth by the window settling into opposite sides. They each ordered something to drink. Remy tried to pay for his, but Emile flat-out refused and insisted that it was his treat. Once they were both situated, Emile took out a pink folder.

"I made a couple calls like I said, and got a few different opinions on what to do." Emile explained, handing Remy the folder. Remy opened it to reveal a collection of papers. It was a little overwhelming for him. Emile seemed to pick up on that. "We can look over them together if you want."

"I'd like that." Remy nodded. Emile gave him a soft smile and started walking him through the contents of his folder. Even though he was listening carefully to him, Remy couldn't help it if his mind drifted a little when Emile's hand brushed his own.

"My friend Kati said she'd be free to meet with you and Kai on Thursday if you're willing to go."

"Great. And how much are her service fees?"

"Well Kati is a part of a charitable clinic organization, so you should be able to see her without paying through the nose."

"Alright." Remy nodded. He wasn't sure how he felt about having to resort to charity clinics. He hated the idea of people thinking he needed help, but in this case he was willing to put his ego aside. All that mattered was getting Kai the help they needed. "Do you have the address and a phone number to call?"

"Yep!" Emile said, flipping to another page with Kati's information on it. "Here!"

"Perfect. I'll give her a call later tonight."

"Awesome!"

"So, mister do-gooder..." Remy smirked, leaning back in his seat. "...now that you've done your good, I'd like to know about you."