-1-

"Tell them that I will be attending the festival on Friday. I know it's probably not going to do me any good but Hatsume seems to think it would be good to go ahead and scout the amateurs so we can possibly make a deal to develop their pro tech... No, I don't think you being there will be necessary. I'll take notes of the students and if we find anyone promising I'll report it to you and the board on Monday. Go ahead and schedule a meeting. Okay thanks. Yeah, you too."

With a small sigh I threw the phone down on the bench and looked at myself in the mirror that covered half the room. My black hair was already a mess from the cardio, the bun now out of control and hair sticking up every which way. My cheeks were less red than they were moments ago since the phone call had taken me away from my workout. My black sports bra was drenched in sweat and the black yoga pants were starting to roll up on the bottom. I looked down at the weights I had prepared and went to sit down on the bench when the lights in the room went dark and the flashing light of the silent alarm replaced the previous fluorescents. My hair stood on end as the voice came in from a speaker in the room.

"Intruder alert on floor 74. All pro heroes in the area have been notified to respond."

"IRIS, go into lockdown mode. Close off all exits, but leave me access to the staircase door."

"Of course, Miss (l/n). Do I need to prepare the panic room?"

"No, that won't be necessary."

I was already heading for the stairwell, making my way down to the floor below me. It wasn't often someone was able to break into my building, and I wasn't about to sit there and cower while help was on the way. It was time to meet the thief in person.

I rushed down the stairs and opened the door without a sound. My attention was immediately brought to the giant cut out hole in the glass wall looking out over the city. Just like the training room, the lights had gone out, only the alarm flashed . I glanced around, noticing a steady light from a large computer monitor on the other side of the lab.

"Gotcha." I thought to myself.

My feet slowly started moving in the direction of the light, wanting to get a good look at the criminal and hopefully finish this without them even seeing me. It would only take maybe 2 minutes if I used my quirk. I held my breath, taking another step, trying to calm my nerves.

Before I could get any closer to the unseen target I heard a loud explosion behind me, whipping my body around preparing for attack. Just as I was about to activate my quirk I stop, seeing a pair of glowing crimson eyes coming at me full speed. Before I had time to process I was tackled to the ground.

"Fuck

"Fuck." I coughed out, the air completely knocked from my lungs. But that wasn't why I said it.

And as if on cue, a loud voice began to boom in my head.