-2-

I was in my office, signing contracts that had been piling up over the past few days

I was in my office, signing contracts that had been piling up over the past few days. Since the break in, my mind was clouded. Had the intruder really only come to try and hack the mainframe to the building? It didn't add up. There must have been something else going on. Perhaps he was hired by a rival company in hopes of shutting down my corporation. Maybe they were trying to steal the coding for IRIS so they could make their own version of her. If so, why would they send someone who could be captured so easily? I let out a huff as I leaned back in my chair, palms rubbing my eyes.

Or maybe you're just overthinking it. He didn't think he was going to get caught and he did. Case closed, end of story.

A loud bang on the door removed me from my thoughts as Mei walked into the room.

"Hey boss lady. How's my favorite millionaire doing today. Mei hopped up, sitting on the corner of my desk, facing me. She could see the tension in my eyes.

"Still thinking about the break in? Come on. It's not like this hasn't happened before. Some dumbass thinks they are smart enough to steal our babies, and ends up getting their ass kicked. Case closed." Mei swatted her hand in the air, as if to dismiss my worry.

"I'm more interested in the fact that you got to see Blasty Man. You haven't told me shit. Hell, you haven't even come down to the labs since it happened. I need details!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I told you what happened when you got here the next day. There's nothing else to say, really."

"Oh I don't buy that." She leaned in closer to me. "I bet it got you all hot and bothered watching him beat the shit out of that punk. I mean really what girl doesn't like a guy standing up for his woman. He was hot at U.A. I can only imagine how good he looks in person now." She batted her lashes. "You had the biggest crush on him when we were younger."

I rolled my eyes. Mei was a perv. "I did not. He was a jerk."

"Uh huh. Is that why you jumped at the opportunity to make his equipment and hero suit?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me. "I was assigned to it if I remember correctly and you had me switch with you."

I scoffed. "Please. I just didn't want to deal with Deku's quirk. Anyone who breaks all their bones using their power was not worth my time. At least with Bakugou I knew he wasn't going to destroy it after one use. Seemed like an easier task. That's all."

Mei jumped up off the desk and went behind my chair, swiveling it from side to side.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night. All I'm saying is I think you had the hots for him then, and after seeing him this week it just rekindled that deep urge to fu-"

"Mei!" I shot her a warning glance and her hands went up into the air.

"Hey, don't get mad at me cause you need to get laid. Tell me he's not hot and I'll stop."

"He's hot-headed. And I'm not interested. End of story." I thought back to those ruby eyes staring down at me during the break in, almost glowing in the dark. He was like an animal looking down at its prey. My cheeks went red but I shook my head, quickly brushing the thought aside. Not before Hatsume noticed.

"See. I told you. I know you better than you know yourself." The girl in front of me crossed her arms, a victorious smirk on her face. I disregarded it and sat up, placing my elbows on my desk, hands clasping together.

"Did you just come in here to talk about boys or was there something else you needed?"

"Actually, there is. What time are we leaving tomorrow for the sports festival?"

"First thing in the morning. I'm supposed to be meeting with the teachers to get files on all the students." This was my 6th year as a scout at this event. Usually I sent someone in my place but Mei wanted to go and wasn't going to let me stay behind. It was fine honestly. At least I could mark off people most of my colleagues would put as possibilities. Save me the trouble of a boring conference meeting all day Monday.

"Alright I'll be here at 7:30. You might want to dress up a little extra tomorrow. I heard Bakugou is going to be there to present the medals for the closing ceremony. It's the first one since he became number 1, and since, well, you know, All Might passed. I'm sure you'll be sitting in the same box as him and the other pros. In fact, I might have called and acted like your assistant and requested it." She was backing out of the office quickly, a laugh escaping her. "I'll see you in the morning!" I threw a pen at her head but it hit the door as she ran out. Well that was just great. More interactions with people I didn't want to have. Maybe I'd catch a cold before tomorrow morning.

My head fell down onto my desk. Human interaction. The thought drained me. Forced Human interaction with a certain blonde porcupine. I groaned, trying to shake his face from my mind. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.