-8-

We were waiting in line outside of the bar. People were being rejected at a rather high rate so it didn't take long before we were at the bouncer. I took out my I.D. and showed it to him. He used his middle set of arms to take it from me and type my name into the tablet he was holding with his upper arms. He handed my I.D. back to me and opened the door for us.

"We hope you enjoy, Miss (l/n)."

Mei and I walked into a dimly lit lounge. To the right was the giant marble top bar filled with the best liquors from around the world. To the right were private booths. These were already occupied with people. Towards the back I noticed pool tables and a stage for performers. The entire place looked expensive and modern. For the most part there was plenty of room and it wasn't jam packed. Maybe 25 people in total. Hatsume motioned for us to go sit at the bar. She ordered some fruity drink with an umbrella while I chose to stick with my usual gin and tonic. I wasn't much of a drinker. I preferred to smoke. Less drawbacks the morning after.

---

Bakugou POV

"All I'm saying is man, you didn't have to be so harsh on the kids." Kirishima scratched his head as he took a sip of his drink.

"Why not. You saw them. Compared to our festival they fucking sucked. They were all weak." My annoyance with the red head was growing. I know I invited him to hang out because I didn't have anything fucking better to do but damn, maybe that was a mistake.

"Bakugou, you're the number one hero. It's your job to be a role model to future heroes, whether you like it or not. You made the girl who won cry! Not manly my friend."

"Tch. She only won because she was using gear. That shit shouldn't fucking count."

He started off on a lecture but I tuned it out. Like I needed to be reminded of who I am and what was expected of me. I took my eyes off shitty hair and glanced around the bar. At least it was decent looking. Speaking of decent looking... I sat up as I saw a pair of legs across the bar. Her back was facing me in the stool, which was more than fine, meaning I could take in the view. The dress she was wearing hugged her curves and her hair fell down her back. I would have rather had it been pulled by my hand as I bent her over the bar.

Then her face turned and my cheeks went red when I realized who it was I was checking out, again.

"God dammit." I cursed under my breath.

Kirishima seemed to notice that I wasn't paying any attention to his dumbass and he looked in the direction I had my eyes fixed on. He chuckled and patted my shoulder. "It's fate man. Just go talk to her."

I shot daggers over at him. Like I needed help bagging women. Well, usually I didn't but this one happened to hate my fucking guts. I shook my head no. On any normal occasion I would have shouted at him but I didn't want her to hear me. It's probably for the best if she didn't even know I was there.

"Well if you aren't going over there, I am. Because it looks like she brought a snack to tag along with her." The red head rubbed his hands together and stood up, adjusting his suit jacket before walking over to where they were sitting.

---

(y/n) POV

I was laughing at Mei when I saw a certain redhead from high school approaching us. I smirked and turned back to my drink, hoping Hatsume would do the same so we wouldn't be bothered.

"Hello ladies. You're both looking enchanting tonight. How would you like to join me and my friend for a drink?"

I stayed quiet while Mei piped up, finally recognizing the unexpected visitor. "Kirishima-kun! It's been ages! How's your hero gear working out for you? If you ever need a change, I'm your girl!" She twirled a piece of hair in her hand and took a sip of her drink with the other.