0.44 | I Fathom The Diplomatic Thought Of My Mama

Her face was slathered with a different kind of sheen of sweat ─ the kind when one aided a criminal. Strangely, she wished her heels not to make any kind of noise as she led her way to the storeroom.

She swallowed and walked up to him. The man was tapping his shoe on the wainscoted wall as he was against the same.

"Sir, this is Elizabeth's phone." She extended the phone with both hands and retracted back.

"Good work! You will receive the payment in your account shortly," he said hoarsely. The phone seemed like a brand new one, thus, there were no other applications apart from the installed ones. The contact list only had one person's phone number which was saved with the name Pig Muscle. "Who is this Pig Muscle?" he said to himself.

***

Joseph heard someone's footsteps and looked up with great interest. It was Tasher. Was the last night's dose not enough that he had to appear before him again? Maybe today it was his turn to smack Joseph down.

Joseph spun in his chair and continued doing his work; arranging the documents, typing with average speed, and biting the end of his pencil. Nevertheless, Tasher sat across him like a typical lawyer, who noted all his actions but made no inclination to move.

"Tasher, if you think you are disturbing me, then you are sadly mistaken. I'm sure you have more important work than telling me sorry." He flipped down the laptop screen and made a steeple of hands. "So, don't sit here; it's not going to be worthwhile."

"Joseph, I have come here to apologize from the bottom of my heart. Frankly speaking, don't really know how to begin but . . . I'd be glad if you could help."

"Help you?"

"Forgive me. I was driven by this stupid desire, lust; That's it. I shouldn't have done that to her. She's a baby, a flower, and everything about her is so pure," he made big claims and deserted remorsefully. Tasher caressed his head savagely and shot up from the seat, and grabbed his hand while dragging Joseph to the open space.

Alertness flickered in Joseph's eyes He rescued his hands, outpacing him to get back to his earlier position.
"By the way, thanks for coming. Every time I see you, I'm reminded of how precious time is. And in fear that one day I'd become like you, I work even harder to make my own mark."

"I will begin to hate my own shadow if you say a word more, Joseph." He sprinted across his seat and started hitting him with Joseph's hands. "Hit me, Joseph! Hit me! I deserve to be beaten! You were right, I'm nobody to play with her . . ." as he hollered.

Joseph who felt the vibrations running through his body sprang up and got hold of his wrists forcefully. "Stop it, Tasher!"

Tasher suddenly burst into tears, soaking his fresh tears on the sleeves.
Joseph blinked frequently and stepped forward to hug Tasher. He initially thought he would not do this but then Tasher really looked like was guilty about everything.

Next, Joseph gave him a tissue box and Tasher spurted everything from his nose ─ coughing and weeping. Joseph wished that all the dirt residing in his mind would go down as well.

"Feeling good?" Joseph patted his back as Tasher nodded weakly.

"How about you?"

"No hard feelings."

Joseph met his red eyes once again as he stuttered, "Joseph . . . can I use your phone to call my friend? Actually, I want to use a different number."

Without thinking much, Joseph pressed his thumb to unlock his phone and gave it to him.