Chapter 3

It took them weeks until they could see Rivendell on the horizon.
The voyage went quite well. No Orc-attacks. No Uruk-hai.
They had ridden by the Fangor and across Rohan. Past Isengard and Dunland, to finally reach Rivendell.
The guardsmen were pretty surprised to see a squad of high elves coming and send a courier to their lord.

Elrond was sitting, together with Estel and his mother Gilrean, at dinner, when a young elf came in.
"Forgive me, milord, but there are high elves at the gate, who are asking for entry. They say it's important."
"So... let them in.", Elrond replied surprised. "Excuse me.", he mumbled towards his company and hurried outside to the court of the palace, where the elves were already waiting.
Haldir, the guards captain, bowed before him and said: "Lord Elrond, our Lady, the Lady Galadriel, send us, to accompany this girl", he pointed at a little brown haired girl, which was trying to dismount a, for her way to large, hose, by what she failed, so an elf had to help her, "to you. She lost her family and needs a shelter, but she can't stay with us, because she's no elf. The Lady thought, maybe you could..."
"Take her? What do you think Rivendell is? An orphanage?"
"I know, but the boy-"
"The boy is different. He's Isildurs heir and needs special protection. He at least is Gondors future king."
"Well, and the girl is the queen of the half-wolves and Nhoas daughter.", Haldir said.
"But isn't the queen Anouk? Wait, is she dead? They are both dead?", Elrond asked startled.
"Yes, mother and father are dead."
Elrond looked down at the little girl with the silver eyes, which looked expectant and a bit defiant up to him.
"That makes you Faya, right?"
"Right.", she said with a bright smile and he couldn't resist but to smile too.
To Haldir he said: "I'll take her."
"I hoped so. I wouldn't have took her with me once more." He smiled at Faya.
"Would you and your men like to stay for the night?"
"Why not? Thanks."
"Good."
Elrond called for a stableman, for the horses, and some servants for the elves.
he for himself went, followed by Faya, back inside.

"Areyou hungry?" he asked, as they walked through the palace.
"Maybe a little bit.", the girl answered.
"By the way, where's your brother?" And in the same moment he knew it has beena mistake. But against his exception, his little companion didn't began to cryor to scream. On the contrary she remained completely calm and said: "Dead."
Elrond made a silent "Oh." and he didn't know, if it was caused by Óres deathor by the reaction of his sister. Both were silent until they reached thedining room.
"One more thing.", Elrond said. He had turned so sudden and quick that Fayaalmost walked into him. "We live in dark times, that's why I think we shouldgive you a new name. Is that ok? Hm... What do you think about...?" He looked downon her and she looked up to him, so their eyes met.
"I know! We'll call you Gil."
"Gil?"
"Yes, it means 'Star'. What do you think about it?"
Faya thought about it, then she nods. She liked stars.
"Good.", Elrond smiled and opened the double doors of the dining room.

(A/N: Sorry for the late update and the short chapter. School is kinda stressing.