Chapter 10

The Moon stood over Rivendell. Big and round and silver pale.
Like always, but when Aragorn looked up this night, he could only see Fayas eyes. Big and full of fear. He had never seen her like this before. Now she was lying in one of the sickrooms of the palace and was medicated. The ring wraith sword only streak her, they had said, there was no reason to worry, they said. But he would never forget, how she had looked at him, before she suddenly had collapsed, and he noticed the blood on her blouse.
  It had been fear.
She had been frightened.
Frightened to death.
He began to cry.
He didn't knew why, he just did, and he hated it. Not, that he thought, crying was for the weak, no, but he knew, that Faya it simply hated, when you cried because of her.
He wiped the tears away and went inside.
He needed sleep.
The following days would be exhausting. He sighed quietly.

When Aragorn went to visit Faya at the next morning, they told him, she had already gone. So, began to search for her.
He found her in the garden, near a little fountain. She sat on a marble bench.
"May I?", he asked, before he sat next to her. She only nodded silently.
The woman wore a simple, but beautiful, brown dress with green embroidery, which matched excellent with her hair. Her feet were bare.
The man wanted to take her hand, but she drew it away.
He looked at his 'sister'.
"Do you want to talk about it?", he asked and he could have slapped himself at the same time. Faya had been hurt by a freaking ring wraith sword, bloody hell, and he asked, if she want to talk about it.
But to Aragorns surprise, Faya began to laugh.
"Seriously?", she asked giggling and held her hurt side. "Do you want to talk about it? That's everything that's comes on your mind for this situation? Oh, dear brother, your empathy fits a teaspoon. Ouch." Still laughing, she pressed both hands on her side.
"Does it still hurt?", he asked half frightened, half worried.
"Of course it still hurts, you idiot!", she answered. "First it was only yesterday and second it was a knife. A knife, Aragorn. Something to cut with."
"Stop making fun of me, sister. Bloody hell, I was worried sick."
"Ok, ok.", she said laughing. "I got it."
She smiled at him and shook her head.
"Do you want to talk about it?", she mumbled smiling. "I can't believe, somebody can have this little empathy."
"Aragorn looked at her, like he feared she had gone insane, but then he couldn't help himself and hugged so tight she cried out and gasped for air.

Onlya few days later the Counsel should take place.
Some of the attendees had already arrived.
Aragorn and Faya had had a maty duel with the sword when Frodo woke up. The bigman looked down at the woman, which nodded cheerfully, and he went to thepalace to see after his protegee.
Faya sat down at on of the benches and began to clean her sword, when she saw ablonde man coming.
Something inside her told her to run, and although she knew she could trust herinner voice, she remained sitting. She was curious, so she pretended not tonotice him.
The man was now standing next to her.
"Excuse me, if I'm wrong, but don't we know each other?", he asked and a shiverwent through Faya.
Yes, she knew this man. He was none other than Legolas Greenleaf, the prince ofMirkwood and Thranduils' son, himself.
"I don't think so.", she said.
"Are you sure? You look kind of familiar to me.", Legolas spoke.
"I'm pretty sure.", Faya replied. "We never had the pleasure, to meetpersonally.", she said after a short while.
"So... we know each other after all?" Now the elf was confused, what made Fayalaugh silently. Then she looked up, she saw him directly in the eyes, whichwere blue by the way, and smiled. Elrond had told her about two million times(at least), that she had her fathers' eyes, what seemed, depending on Legolasreaction, to be true. The elven prince cringed back so violated, he almosttripped, but he got himself at the last moment. Too bad.
"What? But... How? They're all...", he starred at her, like thunderstruck.
Now Faya had to laugh out loud. She was a little sorry about it, but shecouldn't help herself anymore. Legolas' face was just priceless.
"I'm so sorry.", she laughed. "I did not want this. I'll explain everything.Just... give me a second."
It took her a while (much more than a second), till she settled herself again.Legolas still stood stunned beside her, so she asked him to seat, what he didafter a short hesitate.
"Well.", she began. "My name's Faya and, like you probably already noticed, I'ma Half-wolf. But don't worry. I'm the last one. Thanks to the thorough work ofyour father."
He looked at her sidelong.
Did he felt guilty?
She didn't know, so she continued her story: "My brother and I could flee fromyour massacre, but we were hurt. Especially Òre. One of yours hit him with anarrow. The elves of Lórien found us and helped me to recover. My brother diedthat same night. Lady Galadriel send me here. And here I am."
"So...", Legolas began, but he didn't continued, but looked down at hisinterlocuter, who looked up at him.
He again started to speak, when suddenly a big brown-haired man was standing infront of him, looking at him with large interest.
The man smiled and then turned to the Half-wolf: "I'm so sorry to disturb you, dearsister, but he wants to see you."
The elf was confused and looked around between man and woman. Didn't she justsays, her brother was dead? And why looked the man so familiar?
"Elrond or-"
"Both.", the stranger cut her off.
"Oh. What did I do this time, that both at a time want to see me?"
The man shrugged and smiled. The woman sighed, stood up and left toward thepalace.
Legolas was alone with the stranger, who wasn't that friendly anymore.
"Who are you?", he asked.
"Um...", the elf said. "They call me Legolas Greenleaf of Mirkwood.", heexplained, after her got himself again.
"Mirkwood?"
"Yes."
"And why are here, Legolas of Mirkwood?"
"My father send me. Because of the counsel.", the elf answered uncertain, whatthe strange man wanted of him. "I've got a massage for Lord Elrond."
"For Elrond?"
"Yes."
"And what was your business with Faya?"
Aha, that was the reason of this conversation. The girl.
The elf got same safety back and now stood up. He wasn't bigger than the humanman, but at least they were almost at one eye level and it was way better, thenlooking up to him.
"We had a conversation. Nothing else."
"About what?"
"Are you spying on your sister, or why do you ask?"
Legolas grinned when his interlocuter hadn't a quick answer.
"No.", the man said after a short while. "I'm not spying on her. But ithappened that I know you have got a problem with the likes of hers."
"Aragorn!"
Elf and human were spooked in the same way.
When they turned, an old man in grey robes and a grey beard was standing there.
"Gandalf."
Aragorn looked surprised at his old friend.
"I thought you and Elrond wanted to talk to Fay."
"Well, we did, but you know how she can be. She's hopelessly stubborn.", thewizard explained and turned with a "Aiya, Legolas.", to the elf.
"Aiya, Mithrandir.", the elf greeted, also surprised.
"Is there a problem?", the Dunedànasked worried.
"No." The wizard smiled. "But food is ready."