Chapter Six

Graces POV

I was sitting at the table  so full I could barley move a muscle. I looked at my watch checking to see the time.  It was still relatively early but thought maybe see if Ben would give me a lift home in the next half hour or so.  I felt a soft nudge.

Not thinking about leavin yet are ya smalls? Ben said with a small laugh.

I rolled my eyes at the nickname and just laugh a little. Well I should be getting home soon.. maybe in half hour ?  I asked him. I could see he was about to say something but stopped. He took a sip of his drink and nodded in my direction. Yea sounds good will  give me time to be able to move again. He laughed while patting his newly acquired  food baby.

I giggled a little and turned away from him. I looked to see Elizabeth and Nicholas in conversation. I smiled at them both, they were really nice people and were so welcoming. I couldn't help but think about how I had wished I had a family like this. Loving parents. Siblings. Anybody really that actually cared for me.  I noticed everyone starting to get up. I regained myself from my thoughts as I seen Elizabeth grab my plate and fork taking them to the dish washer. I got up and followed her like a lost puppy. I needed to do my part after such a lovely meal.  I was about to open my mouth until I heard her start to speak.

So we were thinking maybe a family game night! What do you think sweet pea? She asked with a wide bright smile. 

I looked at my watch again seeing that it was about 7:45  .. and started to speak.  Well I guess I could stay a little longer. I don't work tomorrow. I could see her move closer to me and pull me into a hug  gosh I was so damn short. I was just below her breast which made me feel super awkward. We pulled away and she called for Ben.

Ben would you mind taking this little sweetie to the family room. I'm gonna finish up here and then be there to join you.  I decided to pipe in now.  Well uh .. I could .. help. I pulled away from Ben and moved closer to Elizabeth. I could see a big smile show to her face and she nodded happily.  I quickly helped Elizabeth full the dishwasher and tidy the kitchen. I didn't see Nicholas anywhere.  
And as if she read my mind Elizabeth spoke out. He is upstairs sweetheart, he is just working on a little task I gave him after dinner.

Once we were finished Elizabeth grabbed a hold of my hand gently and guided me towards the family room. She is a very handsy person I noticed.  We walked towards the room I could see the game set up , I watched as Ben started separating all the coloured money into its own pile. I jumped a little as I felt Elizabeth's hot breath in my ear whispering for me to go pick out my game piece before Ben could pick. I grinned a little and quickly went to the box grabbing the race car, I smiled at Elizabeth and showed it to her she smiled back brightly.  I could hear  ben complaining that the car was gone which made my smile even more . I picked my spot on the floor next to Elizabeth, it had been a very long time  since I had played a board game.  I heard Nicholas call for a Elizabeth to come to the kitchen quick. She got up and left quick she looked like she was a bit excited by his call for her.

I looked at Ben and I could just see him staring at me smiling. I squinted my eyes in confusion. What are you looking at dork ?? .

Huh? what can't I just start weirdly at my friend ? He responded.

I took a pillow and threw it at him as my response, I got a laugh from him and a "Guess Not". A few minutes later I could hear Nicholas and Elizabeth coming down the hall. I watched as they entered the room. Nicholas was carrying a tray of coffee mugs. Next I could see Elizabeth walking in behind him with a big bowl of popcorn, she smiled at me as she walked towards her previous spot on the couch. She sat down and grabbed two mugs off the tray Nicholas was carrying earlier.

He had taken his seat next to Ben which was across from me. I gratefully accepted the turquoise coloured mug filled with the warm whipped cream filled liquid. I took a sip and could feel my taste buds burst. Man everything this couple makes tastes great. I tasted the warm creamy hot chocolate. Mmm so good. I could taste something in it but I couldn't really put my finger to what it was. It wasn't a horrible taste when drinking but it definitely had an interesting after taste.

We finally started the game I was already making sure to buy as many properties as I could. Ben had almost given me nearly all his money within the first 20 minutes of playing. It was so fun we all chatted and I nibbled on the popcorn while taking big gulps of my hot chocolate. I could feel myself yawning more and more as the game went on. I looked at my watch and noticed it was about quarter past 8 and we had still a lot more game to play. I wanted to win !

I could feel a hand rubbing my back as I yawned again. I looked at Ben as my eyes started to grow heavier. Ben I think it's time for me to call it a night. Would you mind driving me home now. I said between yawns. I leaned my back against the couch and yawned again tiredly. I waited for a reply but got nothing back. I looked up to see if maybe he hadn't heard me but he was gone. I could feel the gentle fingers run through my hair, my eyes closed a little more. I suddenly heard Bens voice. Sure sis we can go soon. I was about to ask why he called me sis, but I just felt so tired all of a sudden that I had no motivation to question it. Last thing I remembered before closing my eyes was Elizabeth's smile as she leaned down and kissed my forehead. Slumber had taken over.