Chapter Nine

I would love that,  you are always welcome here Gracie." Elizabeth said sweetly.

———————————————————————————

Graces POV

I patted my stomach in victory as I laid on the couch trying to support the food baby that now took over.  I was watching some random tv show Ben put on after breakfast. I stared blankly realizing that soon I would be alone again. My thoughts focused on the old moldy motel room that I called home. I looked at the time the lit up my phone screen. 11:30 sighing I decided now was better time then ever to get going. Knowing that work would come early soon enough and I needed some time to wallow in my own sadness.

"Benny?  Do you think you could drive me home  ?" He took his eyes off the screen  and nodded my way. "When do you want to leave ? Moms going to be making food soon I'm sure. Don't you want to stay and get some grub ?"

I sighed are food would be amazing especially when I don't really eat much when I'm alone but I didn't want to overstay my welcome. "I think I better get going, I have to get some stuff done before shift and you know how Robert gets on my first day back." I dramatically rolled my eyes the giggles a little hoping he would drop the subject of staying longer. He nodded and got up "ok but before we leave you might wanna ask my mom where your clothes are. I think it might be a little chilly out for pink shorts" he said while pointing at the pj's. I widened my eyes a little remembering that I still hadn't asked what happened to my clothes. I left the tv room at headed where I had last seen Elizabeth. I got to the kitchen to see it empty .. drat .. I walked around the house searching for the older blonde woman. I heard some sounds coming from upstairs and headed towards them. Walking up the stairs I continued down the hall  in hopes I would find her soon because my poor legs were getting tired fast. 

I called her name and within a half a second I could see her head poke out the room she was in. She was wearing thick black framed glasses and a white long sleeve shirt. I walked towards her she had her usual smile plastered on her face. I caught my breath as I tried to continue.  "I..I'm was wondering where my clothes were ? Benny is going to take me home once I get dressed".  I could see her smile falter a little but went back to being bright.

"Oh yes sorry honey I washed them this morning. I didn't want you being so uncomfortable while sleeping, I hope it was alright that I helped you change last night." She grabbed my hand and we walked back down the stairs heading towards the laundry room. She quickly produced the clothes i was wearing last night folded perfectly. I replied with a quick "thanks". Taking my clothes I headed to the half bath they had on the main I quickly took off the shorts and slid on my now clean blue skinny jeans and my grey long sleeve. I stared in the mirror for a few moment taking in everything I seen. My messy blonde hair, pale complexion with dark circles under my eyes. This was me.. I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard a little knock.

Opening the door I send Elizabeth standing there. "Here sweetie, I thought you may want this." Handing me a toothbrush and some toothpaste I thanked her then closed the door getting at it.

A few minutes later I walked out of the bathroom feeling much better then I did going in. With my teeth brushed and my clothes clean I felt much better. I walked towards the living room and got Bens attention. He nodded and got up towering me as he walked by, we both walked towards the back door where I quickly got my old black and white vans on and quickly took one last look around. Ben yelled for his mom to say good by and and rushed to us from whatever room she was in. I could see a sad look on her face like she had something on her mind but I couldn't tell what it was.

"Thank you for havin..." I was pulled into a suffocating hug that I wasn't prepared for.
"Anytime you need to come over or you want to talk you just call me ok, young lady?"

"I laughed it off and nodded. Sure thing Mrs.Carp.." I was suddenly cut off. "None of that Mrs Carpenter stuff Missy. You are family now you come here you are to be treated like it. Please just call me Elizabeth okay? or Mom whichever you prefer." She said while giving my shoulder a little squeeze. I nodded to her and felt her pull me into another hug .. boy she was very loveable and very giving with these hugs. I turned to Ben who was scrolling on his phone he looked up to see if we were ready. I nodded and we both headed out towards his jeep. Getting in, I got my self situated and waved goodbye out the passenger window.

We drove for what felt like forever but was really only like 20 minutes I could feel a little sadness going back to this place but it was my home for now while I could afford it so it had to do. We finally arrived and I sighed thanking Ben quick for inviting me he reached over and gave me a small hug and we said our good byes for now. I hopped out of the SUV and walked towards my room.. oh good ole room #7 "how I didn't miss you" I whispered to myself.. I got my key out and got in closing the door behind me I just flopped myself on the bed and just laid there with my thoughts.