Chapter Eight

Gracie's POV

Ughhsmsn... I groaned loudly to my self as i started to stretch out, I felt the soft mattress on my backside and just smiled  to myself. Wow they must have changed the mattress at the motel because it's usually never thi... I shot my eyes open and bolted up quickly.  This isn't my bed I looked around the colourful room realizing that this definitely wasn't the motel I had been calling home for the last little while. I push the covers off of me to get up and investigate only to find I wasn't in my clothes.

What the fuck ? I whispered to myself I got off the mattress bed thingy.  Taking a minute to look at my surroundings, I looked down at the fluffy turquoise carpet and felt my toes squish into the softness I continue to look more it was a bright and colourful room. It was like something out of a magazine. I looked out the window and could see bens car .. ah Ben I .. shit ! Did I fall asleep? Why ? How? I tried to remember what happened last night but struggled to.. last thing I could remember was playing the game with his par... his parents oh my god they must think I'm the worst guest falling asleep on them. 

I turned and searched for my clothes  but couldn't find them I looked down again at the pink tee and shorts i was wearing .. did
I put these on? Wh..who? Shit .. I tried to breath wondering how I got these clothes on. I shook it out of my mind and just took a deep breath. I walked toward one of the doors opening is slowly.. Dammit Grace!  
I realize I opened the closet door, I  went to the door next to the closet and turned the handle  peaking  out I looked into the hallway I breathed in deep and could smell something in the air, I didn't know what it but I could definitely tell it was delicious. I followed  my nose  and continued down the hallway towards the stairs. I creeped down the stairs slowly hearing the stairs creak with every step. Finally getting onto the main floor I peeked to see if anyone was around, not seeing anyone I continued to follow my nostrils.  Soon I was headed towards the kitchen I could hear some voices and the smell got more intense my mouth was starting to water. I peaked my head in to find Ben at the table eating something, Nicholas no where to be seen and Elizabeth standing at the stove with her back towards me. 

I started to feel the awkward part of my self push it's way in. I breathed in and tried to say something to get their attention but chickened out majorly. I was going to try again but suddenly felt something cold and wet on my leg.  As per my usual embarrassing ways I jump and scream in fright while basically trying to climb the counter.  I hear something drop on the floor and look to see that Elizabeth is by my side with her mouth wide open and eyes bugged out a little. She had one of her hands on her chest as as she took some deep breaths.

She gently smiles at me "  oh Gracie you scared me, are you alright sweetheart?" She gave me a concerned look. I looked towards the door way and could see rocket sniffing around. I laughed a little feeling my heart pumping hard and I tried to steady my breathing. "Ye..yes Mrs. Carpenter. I just.. he.. I gulped a little. I just got spooked. I'm fine I laughed."

I looked up at her bright blue eyes and could see the happiness beam from them. "Yes he has a habit of catching people off guard with that cold nose of his". I felt a soft hand caress my cheek.  I breathed in deep and watched as her lips moved not taking anything in of what she was actually saying.  I shook my head a little clearing my mind a little.  "Sorry what was that ?" I awkwardly laughed.

"I asked if you wanted some breakfast dear,  I'm making blueberry pancakes" she bit her bottom then smiled.

I took a big sniff and could feel my mouth water again. "Yes please Mrs.C ! I could smell them from upstairs."

"Ok sweetie ! Why don't you go sit down with Ben and I'll get you a plate." I nodded my head  and turn swiftly towards the table sitting in the same spot I sat yesterday. I looked towards Ben and watched as he grotesquely shoved huge forkful fulls of pancakes into his mouth. "Ew! You're going to choke meathead"  I say with a disgusted look on my face.   I watch as Ben opens his mouth to show me the contents then goes back to eating grinning slightly at the fact he had grossed me out. I stick my tongue out at him quickly. I hear a throat being cleared next to me and I look to see Mrs.C with a plate of pancakes I could feel the drool starting, it had been so long since I had a home cooked breakfast usually it's either diner food or cereal. I could see her eyebrow raised. "Alright children eat up and Ben chew with your mouth closed, I know I taught you better then that young man" she winked at me as she place the plate down in front me. I blushed a little and quickly grabbed the syrup and started pouring an efficient amount. I grabbed my fork and started my feast. Not taking notice that the pancakes themselves we already pre cut. I continued eating I noticed a cup of juice appear next to me i take a minute to look at my surroundings and noticing Mrs. C has taken her seat next to me.

"Is it good sweetheart ? Don't eat to fast and have some juice ok." She said before taking a sip out of her mug.

"I am so happy you decided to stay over sweetheart I'm gonna be so sad when you leave it's so hard being the only girl in the house. "She gave me a sad smile that made be start to feel bad.

I finished my mouthful. And took a sip of juice to clear my mouth. "Well maybe I co..could visit again."

"I would love that, you are always welcome here Gracie." Elizabeth said sweetly