8

APPRECIATION FOR MY READERS - YOU ARE MY LOVERS AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO FCUKING MUCH!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND VOTES, THEY MAKE MY DAY, NIGHT AND WEEK. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! 

Please keep barsaoing your love on me kyuki mein pyaar ki bhooki hu. 

You guys wanted a chapter with 10k words, you get one with 10k+ words. Have fun reading!!

__________________________________________________________

22 April

Sidharth balled up a sheet of paper and threw it towards his rubbish bin. He sighed and ran his hands through his hair. So much for his carefully crafted quiff that morning. His office phone rang. He snatched it up before the first ring ended.

"Yes?" he asked, cradling it on his shoulder.

"You have a visitor, sir." Sidharth peered out the open door. He could hear Asim through the phone and in real life, Asim close enough for Sidharth to tell he got his hair cut yesterday. "A Ms. Sana Kaur?"

Sidharth' mouth went dry, the phone slipping off his shoulder. He threw it on the receiver and stood up, walking into Asim's office with his hands in his pockets. His eyes darted around.

"Is she here?"

"No, she's still downstairs at security. Shall I tell her you're not available?"

"No, no, it's fine. She..." Sidharth rolled up on the balls of his feet. "She can come up whenever she wants if she needs to see me."

Asim's eyes widened slightly, his voice dropping to a hushed, secretive tone.

"Are you sure? You haven't granted anyone that security clearance."

Sidharth nodded, pasting a smile on.

"It's fine. She's my girlfriend." He felt like was speaking a foreign language that had yet to be invented. "We've been together for six months. We met on Halloween and are very much in love. With each other."

Asim gaped at him, his lips popping open and closed.

"Oh. I...I'm sorry I didn't know." Asim clutched his hand over his chest. "I wouldn't have scheduled so many evening and weekend meetings. You always said it was fine, but I am truly, truly sorry, sir. A better assistant would have known--"

"It was fine. Is fine. You can send her up, thanks," Sidharth said, clearing his throat and pressing his fist to his lips. "Why don't you take a coffee break? Charge it to me." He pointed two fingers at Asim. "Lunch! Why don't you get lunch? Whatever you want. On me." He slung an arm around Asim's shoulder and patted the centre of his chest. "You're the best assistant. A star of an assistant. Please do not stress about it." He patted his chest again. "All is well."

"Will do. Yes. Thanks. Yes." Asim nodded as he bumbled simple words. "Okay. Yes."

Sidharth turned away to the sound of Asim placing a call to security. He went back into his office and tried to clear his desk of paperwork while trying to fix his maroon formal shirt. He wiped his palms on his formal trousers, then tried fixing his hair. He was clearly nervous. He heard a desk chair squeak.

"Hello! I'm Asim, Sidharth' assistant," Asim said from outside his office, professional and friendly. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you!"

Sidharth' body froze, a bundle of papers clutched to his chest. That was fast.

"Hi,I'm Sana. Lovely to meet you, as well. Sid's said the nicest things."

Sidharth frowned down at his desk. Gone was Sana's smoky, sexy voice, instead replaced with a high, honey sweet rasp.