22

hello, how is everyone? If you are surprised seeing an early update, so am I. But letting you all know, I was really excited for this chapter and had started working on it long ago. It's my favorite out of all and I am sure all of you will agree with me.

Shout out to Sindhu and Preet, for being amazing readers and even better friends. Didn't know your Wattpad handles so couldn't tag, but I love you both.

This chapter is very close to my heart, for the above mentioned reasons and also, the song used for this chapter has been my one of my favorites since its release. Even tho it pains to hear it now, it will always be close to my heart. Do listen to the song while reading the part.

Happy reading!

___________________________________________________

May 1

The sunrise spread over their sleeping bodies without any limitations of windows or curtains or blinds. Sidharth opened his eyes first and blinked slowly, his nose full of crunchy, salt-scented hair. He tightened his arm around Shehnaaz's waist, Shehnaaz humming as she inhaled, her sandy feet brushing Sidharth' ankles.

They had decided that their duvet was filthy enough that a night on the sand wouldn't do much more harm. They also grabbed their coconut oil scented beach blanket to lie on and two pillows, plus a few beach towels. They had a swim and splashed around a bit, the humid, moonlit air clinging to their skin as they kissed and touched chest deep water warm enough for a bathtub.

Sidharth gently brushed sand off Shehnaaz's bare shoulder and kissed the base of her neck, Shehnaaz inhaling again and shifting backwards. Sidharth' thumbs rubbed the lowest part of her hairline, the baby soft hair that pulled purrs from Shehnaaz. Shehnaaz did not disappoint, her nose exhaling pleased, deep hums as Sidharth stroked the spot.

"Open your eyes, jaan," Sidharth whispered, smoothing his hand over Shehnaaz's chest. "You'll love the colours."

Shehnaaz's sleepy eyes cracked open for a handful of tiny blinks. A slow smile curled her lips. A wild gradient of oranges and reds and pinks and even purples stretched above the calm blue horizon.

"So beautiful," she mumbled, her voice low and scratchy. Sidharth hitched the duvet up to their necks, replacing his arm around Shehnaaz's middle.

"You're beautiful."

"You can't even see me."

"I just know."

Shehnaaz smiled, letting her eyes fall shut. She shifted around in Sidharth's arms, sand brushing over her skin despite their best efforts to keep their blanket sand-free. Shehnaaz tucked her face into the space between Sidharth' neck and shoulder. Sidharth ran his fingers through the front of Shehnaaz's hair, smoothing it down until he cradled the back of her neck. He kissed her forehead.

"You're beautiful," Sidharth said softly, kissing her brow. "So beautiful."

Shehnaaz's tiny blinks directed up at his face.

"You got your wish. I'm dirty and sweaty and my hair's a mess and I haven't moisturized yet." Shehnaaz licked her own lips, her nose wrinkling. "And I taste bad. Like, really bad."

Sidharth' eyes crinkled, his hand soft on Shehnaaz's cheek.

"Still beautiful. More than most could ever wish to be."

Shehnaaz smiled, walking her fingers up Sidharth' side.

"And you said you weren't sweet."

Sidharth' cheeks heated.