7: Distressed

Sportacus walked in and headed to the living room. He picked up an apple and looked over at me. I nodded and waved my hand. He took a bite and smiled.

I turned back to Rosie. She had a bunch of napkins stuffed up her nose. She looked pissed off. She walked up to me and walked around me. She slowly pulled the napkins out of her nose.

"You look different." She said. "What's with your hair?"

I looked at my reflection. I looked perfectly normal. I felt someone touch my ear. I yelled and slapped their hand. Rosie yelped and shook her hand.

"What you smack me for?" She whined.

"You touched my ear!" I replied loudly.

Sportacus looked over, a slightly angry look on his face. He walked over and around me. His eyes trailed up and down. I shifted nervously and kept an eye on him.

"You're not really a human, are you?" He asked.

"And how would you know that?" My dad asked.

He got into Sportacus' face. They glared at each other for a minute. Then I pulled Sportacus back a few inches. While Robs pulled dad back. Then Robs and I got between them.

"He's a Sports Elf, dad." Robs said.

"Oh, is he the Sportakook fella you've mentioned, Robbie?" Dad asked.

"No his names Sportacus, dad." I corrected. "Go ahead and make yourself at home Sportacus, I'll grab you some water."

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge. When I turned around I about smacked into a chest. I gasped and stepped back. I looked up and meet Sportacus' striking blue eyes. I gulped and held up the water.

"Here you go." I muttered.

"Thank you, Sara." He replied.

He took the water and stepped back. I gulped and ran my hand through my hair. Sportacus stared at me as he took a drink of water. I looked at the hall. Everyone was in the living room. I heard something thump onto the table.

My head snapped in the thumps direction. Sportacus had put his bottle of water on the table. Now he was looking me over again. His eyes were slightly narrowed.

I felt my face go red as he continued to stare at me. He finally looked away and nodded. Then he picked his water back up. He stepped up to me again and leaned down to my ear.

"It's very good to see you, your highness." He whispered.

My jaw dropped open as he stepped back. He winked at me and walked out of the room. I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding. I leaned against the table and rubbed my forehead.

I hadn't felt anything like that before. No guy had ever had that effect on me before. Even after spending time around the guy I never felt my heart hammer like that before. And my face has never gotten that red.

"What the hell is with me?" I muttered.

"Damn girl you got your heart stolen." A gruff voice said.

I looked up and saw Rocky leaning against the door. She had a smirk on her face. I scowled at her and shook my head. I slammed my hands on the table. Rocky stood up from the wall and sauntered over to the fridge. She paused by me and hugged me.

She opened the fridge and pulled out a can of soda. She cracked it open and gulped it down. Then she went to a cupboard and pulled out a bag of chips. She pulled the bag open and snatched her soda back up. As she left the kitchen she looked over her shoulder.