9: Memories Returned

*Sportacus P.O.V.*

I took a deep breath and motioned for Sara to sit down. Then I sat on the floor, away from the activators. She sat across from me. Her left leg stuck straight out, and her right leg folded in front of her.

I slowly moved until I was leaning on my knees. Then I motioned for her to move forward. She looked at me suspiciously but then she moved forward. I slowly reached out and took both her hands in mine.

"Now what, Sporty Boy?" She asked.

"Just relax, and lean forward." I replied.

She leaned forward and tensed up. I quickly pulled off my hat and goggles, then I leaned forward. I gently placed my forehead on hers and looked into her eyes. She tensed up even more when I did.

"It's alright Sara." I said gently. "I'm only going to show you what happened."

"How the hell are you gonna do that?" She asked nervously.

"Much like the way I helped you calm down earlier. Just a touch of magic. It won't hurt I promise."

She nodded and slowly relaxed. I let my magic reach out and surround the both of us. Sara's breathing became erratic as I did. I reached up and rubbed her shoulders.

"It's okay, just trust me, please." I said gently.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on Sara. I felt a bit of resistance from her. She shrieked and yanked away from me. I snapped my eyes open and saw her laying on her back. Her eyes closed, and her breathing deep.

I sighed and stood up. Then I picked her up. I turned around and walked toward my bed. I made sure there was enough room for it to slide out.

"Bed." I called.

"Are you sure Sportacus, it is not 8:08 pm yet?" The ship's voice responded.

"Yes."

My bed slid out of the wall. I gently placed Sara down and covered her up. This was the part I hate watching. As the memories hit the affected person seems to fall asleep. All I could do was use my magic to help her remember. I slowly sat down and let my magic reach out to Sara.

*Saras P.O.V.*

I sat up and looked around. I wasn't on Sportacus' dirigible anymore. I wasn't even in LazyTown anymore. I scrambled to my feet and turned in a slow circle.

I was in a meadow surrounded by trees. I looked up at the sky and saw the sun positioned at about midday. I sighed and looked away.  Then I looked around again when I did I spotted a child standing at the edge of the trees.

"Can you tell me where I am?" I asked.

"She can't hear you." Sportacus said from behind me.

"What do you mean? Where are we? What... What's going on?"

"I'm helping you remember. That young elf over there is you."

I stared at the kid at the edge of the trees. She had on a pair of extremely beat-up pants and a dirty shirt. She climbed up one of the trees and hung upside down from a branch. A young boy ran up and scrambled up the tree to join her.

"And that's me." Sportacus muttered.

"I don't remember that." I said quietly. "I don't remember any of that."

"Your memories have either been suppressed or erased. I just hope this works."

"So whose memories are these?"

"Mine, this is one of my favorites. You were the most beautiful forest elf ever."

I felt my face heat up. Sportacus sighed and shifted his stance. I looked at him and he looked down at the ground. He sniffled and rubbed his eyes. He cleared his throat and looked back up.

"Sorry, but I remember everything, and the girl I grew up with and love doesn't." He said.

"You don't gotta apologize I don't blame..." I paused mid-sentence. "Wait a minute, did you say love?"

He froze, and his eyes went wide. A bright red blush covered his face. I folded my arms and continued watching the two kids. I snickered when the younger me fell out of the tree.

"Hey, I've got a scar on my left shoulder." I said. "Is that what I got it from?"

As I watched the younger me stood up and dusted herself off. A big red spot grew on her shirt. But she didn't seem to notice. She was too busy yelling at the young boy in the tree.

"What am I yelling?" I asked.

"You're yelling because I was laughing at you." He replied.

I looked up at the boy and saw a huge grin spread across his face. I frowned when I didn't feel any sort of connection to the scene. I felt like I should but I didn't.

As I continued to watch a woman came running out of the trees. She looked just like me. Only older and her hair was a deep red. She instantly swept younger me into her arms and looked my shoulder over.

"Is... Is that my mom?" I asked.

"Yes, does she look familiar?" He asked.

"A little bit. But I think she looks like me. Or I look like her, whichever way you put it."

Sportacus smiled and nodded. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I allowed my true form to come through. I picked up some of my hair and looked at it. It was green again.

Sportacus reached out and gently touched the piece of hair I was messing with. He quickly yanked his hand away and rubbed the back of his neck. I chuckled and flipped my hair back over my shoulder. I heard Sportacus gulp and shuffle his feet.

"Sara we must keep moving." He said. "We need to get your memories back."

I nodded and looked around. Our surroundings shifted. Soon we were standing in the middle of a clearing. There were several small huts around us. Sportacus ducked into one of them. I followed him inside and felt my jaw drop.

The inside was huge compared to the outside. I turned in circles trying to take everything in. I heard two children talking, I turned and saw the young kids from earlier. They were sitting at a table eating some fruit.

"Sara, watch this." The boy said.

A blue aura surrounded him as he caused the fruit to float around. The young me laughed and clapped. I felt a twinge as I watched. It looked so familiar.

"I've got a better trick, Sporty Boy." I said along with the young me.

I lifted my hand and snapped my fingers. A bunch of small trees sprouted up around the clearing. I heard a gasp beside me. I looked over and saw Sportacus surrounded by a green glow.

"I remember, I tickled you with my magic." I said. "Oh no, how do I stop it?"

"Sn-sn-snap y-yo-your fin-fingers!" He gasped out.

He laughed as my magic flicked around him. I snapped my fingers again. The green glow slowly dissipated. I looked around the clearing and ran off. I heard Sportacus yelling behind me.

I stopped running when I found an old tree. I reached out and placed a hand against the tree. It seemed to hum as I ran my hand against the bark. I looked over and saw Sportacus behind me.

"This is where my mom hid me." I said. "I have to go to this tree."

"I'll take you." He replied.

I felt our surroundings shift again. I blinked and found myself lying on my back. I looked around and saw I was back in Sportacus' dirigible. I sat up and felt a mattress under me. I grunted and pushed the blanket over me off.

When I looked up I saw Sportacus in the pilot's seat. I slowly got up and carefully put the blanket back on the bed. Then I slowly made my way over to Spartacus. He looked at me and smiled.

"I'm glad you're awake, Sara." He said. "How much do you remember?"

"Almost everything, but that tree has something that will help me remember everything." I replied. "I just don't know what the thing is."

I leaned against the wall and stared out the window. Clouds were rushing past the window. I heard Sportacus hum as he flew the dirigible. I recognized the tune and hummed along.