0.2

song of the chapter: all time low - a love like war (ft. vic fuentes)
I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH OMG

☀☀☀

i wake up on the couch the next day, alone. yawning i search for my phone to look at the time.

"fuck!" it's nine, i'm supposed to be at work already. and where the hell is oliver, he starts at half past nine, why the hell didn't he wake me up.

"fuck, fuck, fuck!" i swear a lot when i'm stressed or frustrated.

i quickly run upstairs to grab clean clothes, put them on and run back downstairs to the kitchen. while stuffing a sandwich in my mouth i text lola.

to lola:
please keep jack busy or something, i'm running late

i stuff my phone back in my pocket and jog to the hall, putting my shoes on. as i walk out the door, my phone buzzes, indicating i have a text.

from lola:
not sure if you're implying i have to fuck him, if so no thanks

to lola:
NO YOU FUCKTARD JUST COMPLAIN TO HIM ABOUT TIM BEING TOO GRUMPY OR SOMETHING JUST MAKE SURE HE ISN'T THERE TO CHECK IF EVERYONE IS AT WORK BC OTHERWISE I'LL BE FIRED PLS JUST HELP ME

from lola:
okay, okay, jeez i was planning on doing that anyway tim is being a bitch ((just like you SORRY NOT SORRY))

from lola:
how do you text without spelling mistakes if you're stressing and texting in caps like is that even possible are you human

to lola:
shut up and go talk to jack i'm almost there

to lola:
i love you too btw

smiling slightly i put my phone away again and continue jogging to work. i still wonder where the hell oliver was. i guess i'll call him during my break, i don't really have time for that right now.

throwing the door open i jog inside the café, to the staff room and quickly tie my apron. i put my hair in a ponytail and walk back to the front. i didn't see lola when i ran inside, so i guess she's talking to jack, which means i'll probably won't be fired. just being late once wouldn't be a reason to be fired, but i've been late multiple times and jack has threatened to fire me if i came in late again.

there aren't customers yet, so me being late wasn't a problem for tim (although he'll probably still complain, just because he's a grumpy bitch). i go to stand behind the counter, and wait for either lola to came back so we can talk, or a customer to enter the café so i at least have something to do.

a few minutes later no one has shown (which isn't a surprise, because real talk, no one eats junk food for breakfast regularly) and i already start to get bored. tim isn't the best companionship either, so i'm stuck to playing flappy bird on my phone.

"hey, turn that frown upside down! it's a beautiful day, you know," lola smiles as she - finally - appears.

"shut up, i'm allowed to be mad. this stupid bird doesn't do what i want."

"i told you to stop playing flappy bird if you can't handle not managing to beat your high score. it still amazes me by the way, how you can't get higher than seven."

"shut the fuck up," i laugh as i playfully punch her arm, "i can't help it that i suck at it."

"uh, yes you can."

"uh, no i can't," i mock her. "how did it go, did you do something heroic besides saving my job and life, and is jack finally going to do something about tim?"