0.4

song of the chapter: mark ronson ft bruno mars - uptown funk

THIS IS MY JAM

☀☀☀

"let's go find him."

"what?" i ask, not sure if he is serious or not.

"you heard me! let's go find this- i don't know his name, but i mean your boyfriend," he says, his voice getting louder as he jumps up, apparently getting excited.

i stare at him with disbelief. "you're serious? why would you want to help me? i don't even know your name, i don't even know you! you could be a serial killer for all i know!"

a grin spreads across his features and he reaches out his hand for me to shake. "well, in that case, hi, i'm ashton. ashton irwin. nice to meet you."

i reluctantly stand up to grab his hand and shake it. "hi... i'm isis... isis carter."

he nods approvingly and grins again. "isis, hm. i like your name. to answer your other questions, i'm not a serial killer and i want to help you because you deserve to know the reason he left you, plus leaving you like this is a conplete dick move so i'd like to punch him in the face," he states, now looking more serious than ever.

still, i can't help but laugh. "you don't need to punch him in the face. why are so, i don't know, protective over me? i mean, you don't even know me and you kind of act like an older brother, wanting to beat up any guy that hurts his little sister."

he sighs, looking at the ground sadly. "that's just who i am, i guess."

i know there's more to it, but i see the look on his face and i don't want to push it. also, we are alone in some alley, if he wanted to get rid of me he could without anyone ever knowing.

since i stay silent, ashton knows i dropped the subject and he plasters a smile on his face. "so, we're going to find him. where do we start?"

"whoa, simmer down, irwin. i never agreed to whatever your plan is. i still don't know you," i say, pointing my finger at him.

he raises his eyebrow and smirks. fuck, his smirk is hot. wait. why am i thinking like this? i'm in love with oliver! yeah, but that doesn't mean you can't find other guys attractive. okay, that's true.

ashton's voice snaps me out of my conversation with myself. "well, carter, you don't need to know me for me to help you. you want to find him, don't you? then why are you doubting this so much? plus, if i really were a serial killer, i would've ended your life already, y'know."

i open my mouth and then close it again. shit, he's right. i want to know so badly why oliver left me and now that an offer like this is thrown at me, i actually have to think about it?

"you know what? fine. you're right. let's do this shit, let's find him."

ashton fist pumps. "yes! that's the spirit, carter!"

"yeah, yeah, let me just go grab some of my stuff before i change my mind again."

"okay. i'm coming with."

"'kay. just so you know, i have knives at my house, so if you suddenly do turn into a serial killer, i won't hesitate to use them."

"i told you this already, i'm not a fucking serial killer and i won't become one," he groans. "and, uhm, that's kind of disturbed."

"thanks."

he laughs and shakes his head. "i like you already. lead the way?"

☀☀☀