+ Backgound Check

-Third Person's Point of View-

Aishi eventually went to her own room, still shocked from the events that went down in the past hour. Hour! Aishi still couldn't believe that she zoned out, Overhaul kissed her (to save her), and she didn't lose her new job or life. Well, in a way she did loss her job. Just not in the way that she thought she would.

Sighing, Aishi lay down on her soft bed. She just stared at the ceiling, cursing her past actions. Maybe if she had run just a little late for work then she might just be at a police station being questioned by the police about her boss' murder. Not at an unknown location with his murderers. There was no doubt in her mind that people were looking for her now. They probably have video footage of her getting kidnapped and it was being presented on the news. Guess that was some good news.

'God, I wish I could have a normal life...' thought Aishi. Aishi's life has never been normal. Anything else but normal.

In some other room in the same building, Overhaul and Chrono were talking. They had decided to do a background check on Aishi. Chrono had only kidnapped her because she was a witness to a crime. But they needed to make sure that Aishi didn't have any connections that would try and find Aishi. That could possibly expose them and have them in jail.

"Did you complete the background check on our little witness?"

"Yeah, but I didn't get that much information."

"How come?"

"Well, for one I had to make sure that the police and heroes wouldn't track the signal back here. Two, she seems to have been non-existent till a few years ago." Overhaul nodded, processing the information.

"Is it possible that she could be in the witness protection program? A witness to a big crime or drug dealing?"

"I think that's the case. I digged as far as I can and there are no documents about her birth or education. She's literally a ghost until she applied for the job that she's been working at for a few years now." Overhaul leaned back in his chair and began to think even harder.

"So, we have a girl who somehow popped into existence with no background whatsoever....Could you do a facial recognition? Maybe we can find someone who looks like Aishi and that could be her." Chrono nodded and looked down at the computer infront of him. He began to look through a secret database. Sending emails to some of his connections to help with the search. Because they aren't in the police database, it could take a few hours to find any new information of Aishi.

"Overhaul, do you think that this girl could be the key to a new parternship?" Overhaul sighed.

"Depends if she is..."

Overhaul and Chrono spent the next few hours looking for any possibly reliable information. Overhaul had pulled out his own computer to help with research. So far, they couldn't find anything. Nothing.

"Maybe she had plastic surgery," said Chrono.

"Maybe..." The search continued until Overhaul felt like he was going to pass out from exhaustion. Shaking his head, Overhaul tried his best to stay awake. Chrono, being Overhaul's best friend, took notice of this and looked at his friend.

"Overhaul, you should go to sleep."

"No. I can't sleep now," replied Overhaul.

"Why not?"

"Cause we don't know who she is. For all we know, she could be the daughter of one of the biggest crime lords in the world." Chrono looked at Overhaul for a split second before looking down at his computer and beginning to type.

"What? What is it?"

"I'm looking up your theory..."

"What theory?"

"For a guy who runs a yakuza, you sure don't understand common sense."

"Wha-"

"I'm seeing if Aishi might be the daughter of a crime lord." Chrono search for about five minutes before a smile crossed his face.

"Turns out your theory was right." Chrono turned his computer around and showed Overhaul the thousands of news articles that featured the arrest of one of the world's biggest crime lords, Mikael Norrs. Aishi's photo was present on a lot of the news articles.

"'Daughter of Mikael Norrs testifies against her father in court'." Overhaul moves his computer to put Chrono's in front of him so he could examine the articles further.

Mikael Norrs was arrested for illegal drug and human trafficing. He was also put away for over 35 murders. Overhaul was surprised that he even had a wife (though she might have just married him for the sex and money). The daughter of the two had her name kept out of the news articles. It was claimed that the police nor heroes would release the first name of the daughter.

"She definitely went into the witness protection program after the arrest of her father. But, from the looks of it, she didn't change her facial freatures or anything, body parts as well. The only notable change is her name, as far as I can tell," explained Chrono. Overhaul nodded. He wants to get to Aishi in a personal manner.

'Maybe if I learn her real name I can intimidate her.' thought Overhaul.

They turned in for the night shortly after Overhaul told Chrono to find out what Aishi's birth given name is.

'I should be thankful?'

Aishi had been thinking of Overhaul's comment on how she was saved form her panic attack earliar. She thought that Overhaul was being smug and that she didn't have to be thankful. Aishi would have been perfectly fine with dying from a panic attack.

She hadn't dinner yet, but Aishi was already tucked in the bed and ready to go to sleep. She couldn't find any extra clothes in the room she was in, so she had to sleep in the clothes that she had been wearing for the past couple of days. Aishi wanted to take her bra off, but she didn't want someone walking in and seeing her bra lying on around.

Aishi had fallen asleep by the time Overhaul decided to say goodnight to her. Chrono had texted him and said that she didn't respond when he brought her dinner.

Overhaul opened the door to Aishi's room after he knocked multiple times without a response. There she was, sleeping on the bed. Overhaul stayed by the door as he looked at her from a distance.

There was no doubt that tomorrow he would come back to this room and confront her about her past.

|| Author's Note ||

I finally updated! Yay! Anyways, hope you guys and girls and theys liked or loved this chapter. Don't forget to vote!