Chapter 2

Chapter 2

            "Let me get this clear." Ron paces back and forth. "You want me to cancel your tour? The tour that will cost us about sixteen million?"

            April smiles. "Ron, darling." April teases with a fake accent. "You're bringing up canceling the tour. What we want is a two month break, is it much to ask? Now in exchange for our break we will do the tour. Easy and simple."

            "Plus, the other stuff." Kevin adds.

            "Other stuff? What other 'stuff'?" Ron asks in confusion.

            "Oh yeah," April smiles and starts counting off her fingers one by one."Derek wants a Stratocaster guitar..."

            "Signed by Keith Richards and Jennifer Love Hewitt." Derek adds.

            April turns to stare at him. "Jennifer Love Hewitt?"

            He smiles his devilish smile. "She's hot."

            April turns to Ron. "Okay, so Mr. Lovey-Dovey wants that. Evan wants..." she turns to Evan. "What do you want?"

            "I want the million dollar lottery, but since I know I probably won't get it ill settle for a yacht." Evan moves next to Ron and pats him on the back. "Make it nice man."

            "You are nuts! I never agreed to this." Ron says losing patience.

            "Oh, Ron. You see you made us wait a long time." April teases. "Plus, you'll pull it off. Remember, happy rock stars make happy shows and happy shows make...?"

            "Happy boss." Ron bitterly finishes.

            "Okay, now we haven't finished. Kevin wants a Ferrari. Oh, and what I want...uuuummm?"

            Ron starts to sweat. April is a complicated girl. She will kill him. Sometimes he wonders if it's worth it. He knows if it wasn't worth the effort to keep them happy he would be gone by now.

            April sits on his chair, thinking. She puts her feet up on the desk, thinking. Just thinking. She motions for Ron to move closer. He does. "I want..." he holds his breathe. “Time." She finishes. "That’s all I want, Ron. Time."

            The band stares at her shocked. Derek thought she would have asked for maybe a new Jimi Hendrix autograph. Of course that would be impossible since he's dead. But she would ask for something impossible. Something like that.

            Ron is dumfounded.