Chapter 8

Chapter 8

            "What?!" April screams at her stage director not able to hear him clearly through the chants.

            Gavin, her stage director, hands her-her Mic. She attaches it to her ear and sings a high 'oh', to let her fans know she's ready.

            "Hear me!" Gavin yells. "For your opening performance you're dropping down from the ceiling." A group of people start buckling a belt to her waist and tighten it. "Look depressed! You're singing 'Wrist Gone'!"

            She smiles at Gavin. Today will be the first time she will sing her new song 'Wrist Gone' live.

All you hear is fans chanting her name. "April! April! April!"

            She turns away from Gavin and gives the sign to a man, she's ready. She slowly rises.

            "What!" She screams to her fans. They continue to chant her name.

            "Ah! AH! AH! Ah..." she starts to sing.

            April stares at her audience. Cheers and screams is all she hears.

            Damon stares at April backstage. He has to admit to himself that she's good.

            He witnesses her sudden stop. What is she up to? He thinks.

            She steps forward a step. She holds her Mic closer to her lips.

            "Hey, guys." It’s a whisper. "Want another song?"

            "Huh?" April says. "I never felt this dizzy." She tries to laugh, but fails obliviously.

            The room is silent. They notice the way April is reacting. It's something unlike her.

            April realizes that these fans deserve more than anyone else on this stage.

            They have given her the chance to stand here and scream to the world who she is.

            She smiles. "I..." her smile widens. “Can we get a piano on here?" She says to the side of the stage.

            After the piano is adjusted right on the stage she sits and plays a note.

            "I'm going to sing 'Forgotten', a new song we have written for a new album. It's for anyone who has run, feared, or died of abuse."