Chapter 6

Chapter 6

            April stares forward into space. She can't find the strength to move or speak.

            "Watch out!"

            April doesn't hear the warning. The cart holding a 32 inch TV hits April with a slam. She falls down hitting her head rather hard.

            "Oh, gosh. Are you okay?" The AV geek falls to his knees in guilt.

            April pushes her weight on her elbows and tries to lift herself up. As soon as her head is parallel to the floor she looks around just to see everything around her moving.

            "Fuck, don't just sit there. Go get help!" A voice says behind her.

            The person checks her head. April touches the spot where it hurts the most. She stares down at her hand with spotting of blood. "Shit. This is going to hurt." She says sarcastically.

            She turns to look up at whoever is helping her. "Thank...." she stops when she notices who it is.

            "Can you stand up?" Damon asks her, trying to help her stand.

            April knows that now, her perfect dream day, has become her nightmare.

            He helps her up, but the pressure of the hit is too strong for even her to handle. She faints into Damon's arms.

            Damon quickly yells for the nurse to hurry. He carries her in a threshold position and runs to the nurse's office. The nurse excuses herself to call the ambulance. Damon stares at April not knowing who she is exactly.

            He steps closer to the bed until he's leaning over her. He smoothly clears her bangs away from her face. She looks, to him, oddly familiar.

            "Who are you?" That's all he is able to ask out loud because the paramedics arrive,

Strapping her to a bed, and taking her away.

            Since April has no guardian or legal family records to contact the incident to. The school decides to call Ron, who shows in the records, is an uncle to her.

            Ron receives the call in panic. He drives over the speed limit to the local hospital. Luckily for him, no cop was around to give him a ticket.

            They easily let him pass to the room where April occupies with a pass. Once he enters the room he sees her sitting up with a gaze band around her forehead. She smiles at Ron when she notices him.

            "Hey, Uncle Ronnie." She giggles.