7: Deal

"Sorry to interrupt,"

All heads turned to the door as a voice drifted in, "Shownu, can I have a word?"

Shownu dismissed the rest of the brothers and Namjoon came into the room fully.

"How can I help, Doc?"

"It's about the patient," Namjoon said, "She's woken up,"

"Good. I'll call her family-"

"She said she's homeless," The doctor cut in, "I don't feel comfortable making her leave if she has nowhere to stay during the day. Also, her injuries are not fully healed,"

Shownu frowned a little, "What are you suggesting?"

"I want you to give her a job here," Namjoon said bluntly, "She can help out as a nurse for me when needed and then she can work as a maid down in the clinic and gym areas,"

Shownu narrowed his eyes, "You want to give her a room and a job?"

"Am I talking another language?"

After a harsh sigh, Shownu waved his hand, "Fine. But it's up to you to get her trained up as a nurse. Find Yoongi for the rest of the stuff,"

—-

Ophelia looked up as the door to the hospital room opened. The doctor, Namjoon came in with a pile of clothes and a brown paper envelope.

"Ah," He smiled as he looked at her, "I see you found some clothes,"

Ophelia was dressed in an enormous oversized black hoodie that reached down to her knees. He hood was pulled up over her thick black hair and it hid her face nicely. She was also wearing a pair of black boxers that were also too big and still had the label on. She had found them both in a cupboard in the bathroom.

"I'm sorry," She said, "I found them in the cupboard. I didn't want to put my other clothes on,"

"It's fine," Namjoon said, "They're meant for the brothers, which is why they're so huge. One of the servants got you some clothes if you want to look through them," He placed the large pile on the bed and Ophelia picked up a pair of black leggings that was on the top.

"Can I keep the hoodie on?" She asked, "I'd feel better if my face was covered,"

"If you want," The doctor paused, "So I have good news and bad news, what do you want first?"

Steeling herself, she spoke, "The bad news?"

Namjoon pulled an x-ray from the brown envelope, "First, I would like to give you my apologies. I was wrong,"

"About?"

"I previously said that your ankle had healed because it was a simple fracture. I was wrong," He lifted the x-ray, "This shows that the fracture didn't heal; your ankle is at an angle. It's not going to heal properly without surgery-"

"I've had a bad ankle for a long time," Ophelia said, "It's always been like that,"

Namjoon looked horrified, "And I missed that? I'm so sorry, I should've-"

"It's fine," Ophelia cut him off. The doctor was kind but she didn't want to talk about her ankle and how she hurt it, "What's the good news?"

Getting the hint, Namjoon slid the x-ray back into the envelope, "The leader of the brotherhood has offered you a job,"

"A job?"

Although Ophelia didn't know much about the band of warriors that protected their race, but she knew that Shownu, the leader, was pretty much the ruler of all Vampires. She also knew that he was a physically powerful male known for both his prowess in battle and his fairness when it came to politics within the race.

"A job," Namjoon repeated, "I need a part-time nurse and this floor needs someone to keep it clean - mainly the gym equipment and washing towels. Your board and food will be supplied and you will get a generous wage,"

Ophelia felt a lump in her throat, "Why?"

The doctor took on a gentle look, "It isn't safe for you to leave our facility. You have no home and you are hurt,"

It took Ophelia a few moments of internal debating before she accepted the offer. She didn't want to live and work in a house full of pure, hot blooded warriors but she really had no choice. The doctor was right - it wasn't safe for her to leave.

"I have two conditions," She said firmly. Namjoon nodded, gesturing for her to talk, "I want to be able to wear a hood so my face is covered and I want to work during the day when the males are sleeping so I don't come in contact with them,"

Namjoon hesitated, "Unless you are assisting me you can wear the hood. You can do the cleaning during the day, but that won't be a guarantee that the brothers will be asleep. They work out at different times for a lot of reasons,"

Ophelia took a deep breath and held out her hand, "Deal,"

The doctor shook her hand gently, "Great. Let me introduce you to Yoongi, the head of housekeeping,"

—-

AN: sorry it's been a while and it's so crap lol