11: Plague

It was seven pm when Kihyun's phone began to vibrate aggressively on his bedside table, dragging him from sleep.

The number was one he didn't recognise, but he answered and held the phone to his ear regardless.

"What?" His voice was thick from sleep and irritation.

"Hey pretty boy, did I wake you?" The voice on the other end of the line was stupidly cheerful. It also belonged to one of the most annoying males ever to have existed.

Kihyun groaned, "What the fuck do you want?"

"I have something that belongs to the brotherhood. Meet me in thirty. I'll message you the place,"

Kihyun shot upright but the line was already dead. Without waiting any longer, he pulled his clothes on and armed himself before rushing out of his room to wake the others.

—-

The brothers were tense as they waited at the edge of the forest twenty minutes from their home.

Aggression and anxiety was thick in the air, but their weapons were all holstered.

"He's late," Wonho muttered, shifting his heavy boots on the dry leaf litter.

"He's always late, Hyungwon remarked, "The piece of shit,"

"He wants to make an entrance, probably," Quipped Minhyuk, "I wish he'd hurry up,"

Namjoon was also present with Ophelia by his side, brought along in case medical assistance was required. The female seemed nervous but Kihyun didn't have any time to reassure her. A bright light had suddenly lit up the dark trees.

"Finally," He muttered as the Brothers all stood up straighter.

The light slowly dimmed and the Brothers stepped forward as a powerful looking male came towards them, a limp figure in his arms.

"Shownu!" A collective shout came from the warriors and the male grinned.

"What's up, fuckers? I brought you a present,"

Wonho quickly took Shownu from the Male and rushed him to where Namjoon and Ophelia were stood, the other brothers going with him.

"What, no hello's?" The male sighed, "I thought we were friends,"

Jooheon raised an eyebrow and looked over at Kihyun.

"Oh yeah," Kihyun said, "You've never met. This is Changkyun, the Fallen Angel,"

"Fallen?" Jooheon questioned.

"You could have left that part out," The male said, "Totally unnecessary,"

"The last time he was on earth," Kihyun ignored him, still addressing Jooheon, "There was a plague that wiped out most of Europe,"

"Okay, that was so not my fault," Changkyun said, "Besides, you don't like humans,"

"They smell bad when they're dead," Kihyun replied, making the fallen angel roll his eyes, "But thank you for bringing him home,"

"Welcome," Came the response, "But it's a two for one deal. Where he goes, I go. Ordered by the Creator himself,"

Before Kihyun could say anything, the Brothers returned to his side.

"The Doc says he's malnourished but he should be okay," Hyungwon said, "He wants to get him home,"

Changkyun grinned, "Do you wanna tell them or should I?"

"Tell us what?"

Changkyun's grin got wider as Kihyun begrudgingly spoke, "We got a new housemate," He said, "The fallen angel has to come with us,"

"Oh, Jesus Christ," Wonho muttered, "Great,"

"It is, isn't it?" The angel smirked, "And the names Changkyun. Jesus is someone else,"

—-

Shownu was finally alone. After being dragged back to the Brotherhoods mansion, he had been poked and prodded by Namjoon and all the brothers were being kind and helpful to him. It made him feel violent.

Why hadn't that stupid, no good angel left him to his fate in that forest?

"Because that's not your fate, and I have a deal with the Creator,"

Shownu didn't even lift his head, "Reading minds is rude,"

"You spoke out loud," Changkyun pushed away from the door frame and stood in front of Shownu, "You have some things to do, Shownu, and I'm here to help,"

"Fuck off," Came the reply, "I was fine where I was-"

"Technically, what you were doing was still classed as killing yourself," The fallen angel said, "You were not fine. Anyway, I have a deal with the Creator - save her to save myself,"

Shownu finally looked up, eyes narrow, "What are you talking about?"

Changkyun leaned forward, "Dia sent me," He said simply, "You need to let her go,"