9: New Bedroom

Ophelia liked her new boss.

Yoongi was straightforward and clear with his words, but he was kind and made sure she had understood each task before moving to the next one.

Namjoon had told him that she was permitted to wear the huge hoodie with the hood up and covering the majority of her face. Ophelia felt a lot more comfortable now that males couldn't see her face.

Once she had finished folding the last of the towels and set them neatly in the cupboard in the brotherhoods huge gym, Ophelia limped up the back staircase that led to the servants rooms. Along with individual bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms for each member of staff, there was a small dining area attached to a kitchen and a little recreation room that had a sofa and pool table (that looked completely unused).

She slid her key into the door of her new bedroom and went inside. She flicked the light on and smiled to herself. This was probably one of the best places she had ever lived.

The bed was a small double with a warm duvet and matching pillows. There was a desk, a bookcase, a set of drawers and a wardrobe that were all the same simple oak. On the wall opposite the bed was a flat screen tv with a dvd player on the shelf underneath.

The attached bathroom was also simple - a white ceramic toilet and sink with some shelves and a glass shower cubicle. The only thing she would have preferred to be different was the shower. Soaking her bad ankle in the bath would be wonderful.

Ophelia stripped down and showered, her thoughts on the brothers and how well they treated their servants. It was no wonder they were so loyal.

The two warriors that had rescued her (Minhyuk and Kihyun, she thought), had told her that she was always welcome to use the pool and facilities, and she was thinking that the pool would be nice.

After drying off, Ophelia found some clothes in the wardrobe and slipped them on before getting onto the bed. Absently, she touched her ankle. It was a little more swollen than usual. The attack by the human man must have exasperated her old injury.

Trying not to think of how she had gotten hurt in the first place, she lay down on the bed. Watching TV sounded like a good way to relax, but she knew she had an early start to the night.

She had to make sure the gym areas were clean and fully stocked again before any of the brothers worked out.

—-

Shownu fidgeted at his seat at the table. He felt a little on edge, despite being with most of his brothers (Kihyun and Jooheon were out at a bar as usual). That Hunter getting away was playing on his mind. After a quick check of his watch, he excused himself.

Dia said she'd be home by five and it was now four, so he had time to go through some paperwork and reports.

Five came quickly and Shownu piled his papers on the desk and stood, stretching. Just as he walked around his desk, there was a knock at his office door and his brothers came in.

All of them.

Jooheon and Kihyun stood at the front of the group, their expressions dark.

"No," Shownu took a faltering step towards them. There was only one reason they were all here looking like that, "Don't say it, I can't-"

"We are so sorry, Shownu," Kihyun's voice was soft, full of heartbreak, "She-"

"It was the baby, wasn't it?" Tears sprung from Shownu's eyes, and he knew he was babbling but he couldn't control himself, "I knew I shouldn't have got her pregnant, I knew it wasn't safe! Why didn't she call me? I ahould have been there-"

There was silence and Shownu managed to stop babbling enough to make a coherent thought, "It was the baby, right, Kihyun?"

Kihyun took a deep breath and shook his head, "I was told it was a white haired Hunter. She fought back but the bullet went straight through her he-"

Kihyun didn't get to finish the sentence.

A roar loud enough to shatter eardrums erupted from Shownu. A deathly cold wind whipped around the room, sending papers and furniture alike smashing into the walls.

The brothers rushed forward as the cyclone around their leader grew louder and thicker but they were unable to get through.

Suddenly, the noise and the winds stopped. In the silence that followed, all that remained was the carnage of broken chairs and scattered papers.

Shownu was gone.