Getting to know Lucas

OK, I AM SOOOO SORRY I DIDNT UPLOAD ANOTHER CHAPTER EARLIER!!! However, here is one for you.

Science wasn't my favourite subject. Some topics were engaging but at the slow pace that the teacher was going, i could easily fall asleep. Concentrating became harder when I felt someone lightly tap my shoulder from behind. Turning around in my seat I come face to face with a pearly-white smile and emerald green eyes that just screamed 'mischievous'. Lucas sat behind me with his three other friends who were making paper planes, chucking paper and throwing pens. 

A waving hand came into view as Lucas successfully broke me out of my trance. My surprised look was quickly replaced with a frown. "Yes, Do you need something Lucas?" I asked, with my frown sinking into a tired expression. Before Lucas could answer, the teacher hissed at us both to be quiet. 

The rest of the day went quite slow which made me feel like a slug, but none the less I was able to complete all my day's work to have free time this afternoon. The twins were meant to take me home today, but they were nowhere to be seen after the bell. 

"ALAAAAAAAYYYYYLLLLLAAAAA!!!!!"

Looking up from my phone surprised, I see Dylan leaning on his white G-wagon, next to him is a girl with dark hair. Oh wait, it's Sophie? Sophia? As I make my way over, the duo got into the car as I hoped in the back seat. Her name turns out to be Sophia and we have a nice conversation which was cut short because of Dylan's complaint about something insignificant. Her chocolate brown eyes fit perfectly with her red casual dress and matt brown skin. (Matt brown - I am describing my own skin colour, don't take this as an offence) 

Sophia turns to me and asks if its ok to go to the ice-cream shop. Im totally fine with that, so I agree. Dylan glances in the review mirror and looks at me. "How was school Al?" he asks.

"Its was pretty good, nothing happened" I say, looking out the window. 

He hums skeptically while keeping his attention to the road , "Nothing happened? What about that kid...whats-his-name? Lucas?" he said looking at me through the mirror. 

"Um? Nothing happened, he's a friend who is really nice" I reply while trying to keep my cool.  He raised and eyebrow at my praised and I notice Sophia's lips twitch into a small smile at Dylan's remark. In a low whisper, Sophia tells me Dylan is just being protective and not to worry too much. Sophia and I start giggling almost uncontrollably until Dylan slightly swats Sophia's arm which sends her into an uncontrollable fit of laughter. Awwww, Sophia gives him the biggest smile and continues to laugh. 

"What, are you guys dating?" I ask. We are now n the parking lot of the ice-cream shop when both their heads snap towards me at my question.

"Haha, nah, we aren't, but I'm not surprised he doesn't have a girlfriend" Sophia says while getting out. Dylan then looks at me with mischievous eyes, "Im not surprised Sophia hasn't got someone yet, I mean that face of hers must be the issue!" he says, louder than usual. Sophia's mouth falls agape before 'storming' off into the shop with a huge smile she fails to hide.

"You guys argue like a married couple" I say as we (Dylan and i) walk into the shop.

Dylan doesn't seem to mind the comment though as he starts ordering straight away. I ended up getting chocolate like Sophia. We sat down for a bit and talked non-stop about funny, sad and random topics. However, I did notice something about my step-brother. He seems different....The two are sitting awfully close and Sophia is leaning on Dylan because she finished her ice-cream early. Dylan is also blushing?? 

Wait, I thought they said they weren't dating?

_____Update____

When we got home, I was immediately called into the kitchen to speak to my mum. I lazily dropped my bag and sauntered into where she was sitting.

My mum turned around and looked at me, "Alayla, a little bird told me that you met a friend today? His name starting with an L perhaps..." she said, her eyebrows raised expectantly.

Oh, "Yes? Lucas? Did the twins or someone tell you that?" I asked while taking a seat next to her. 

My mum smiled, "Hmm, Mike is actually good friends with his dad, and they work together" she said in a 'matter of fact' way. After hearing this I suddenly became interested.

"In the mafia?! Together?!" I exclaim, my body leaning towards her in an attempt to gain more information.

"SHH! that topic will not be discussed in this house!", My mum said while she composed herself and then proceeded, "yes, they work together, is that a problem?".

"Ah, no, not really, sorry". I Quickly reply.

Update

The next day, I woke up to the sound of loud ass birds outside my window. Checking my phone, I realised I had 3 minutes until I had to get up. My eyes were still finding a way to close and my long hair was all over the place. Grabbing my clothes for today, I dragged myself into the bathroom to get ready. When I went to look in the mirror, I screamed.

Groaning even more, I looked back in the mirror and saw myself....I can't believe I was scared of myself, haha. My bed hair and dried drool, is making me look like a "fresh" zombie. When I finished getting changed, I grabbed my bag and books, and headed down for breakfast.

Downstairs, I was met with a sweet smell and hushed laughing. Marcus was sitting on a stool, at the island table, with a plate of fluffy pancakes and syrup. My gaze shifted to the two 19 year olds at the stove. Dylan and Sophia. They were making the pancakes, well, Sophia was and Dylan seemed to be "cleaning up" by wetting Sophia with the dish cloth. He and I exchanged greetings as well as Sophia coming to give me a big hug. Her perfume, a calming smell, and her hugs, so warm:).

"Hey Al, why do you have your school bag? It's Saturday" Marcus said as he turned to me. I let out a groan as I realised this wasn't a school day.

"Haha, you can put your stuff away and then come and have breakfast, eh?" Dylan said while wiping his wet hands on a tea towel. When I asked where the others went, Sophia just said they had business and that she and were in charge for the day.

My eyebrows furrowed together. I had my thoughts but I never would have guessed she actually was apart of this. It seemed like Dylan read my mind because he turned to me and said, "Look, why don't you speak to your mum about that. We can't answer a question that should really be for her." I groaned and dramatically trudged upstairs to get changed. The only thing is, the next time I see my mum, I wasn't expecting it to be at the place she was.

Here it is - the edited version. Edited on the 21/12/20 - Aus date.