The Truth

I stood at the end of my mums hospital bed as the doctor talked to her and Mike. The boys were either standing at the door, or getting food. James was next to me holding my shoulders to help comfort me. We were in a special hospital building especially for Mikes company. Wyatt's hand was bandaged up from being injured by whatever had happened, and James' face had a small band-aid on his chin. Apparently, there was an incident at the work place while my mum was there, and she tried to fight back but obviously failed. No-one told me the rest of the story, just that it's getting sorted out and we will be okay. However, that wasn't enough. I demanded and answer and when my mum was able to tell me, I was shocked. 

My mouth dropped open. I can't believe that my mum had known what she was getting into all this time while dating my step-dad. 

"Al, we couldn't tell you yet because you were still so young, and nothing was official" my mum said as i sat on her bed. She told me most of the things she went through as she was dating Mike. Apparently my grandfather was associated with a small mafia gang before he went bankrupt and my mum and her siblings were left to live a 'normal' life. She had also known Mike before but they nearly knew each other. So, when she saw him one night at his club, she approached him to try and make ties with the family again. From there on they enjoyed each others company.

"So are we ok now?" she asked, looking at me with hopeful eyes. I frowned.

"When we were not 'ok' mum? I just thought this experience has been a bit out of the ordinary. Especially your past" I say as I look to her.

"Oh, ok. I just thought that you would get mad at me for hiding these things from you." 

"Im not too mad, I just have some mixed feelings" I say. I leaned down and gave my mum a big hug. We then heard the door unlock and the smell of coffee drift into the room. 

"Awwwww, can I have a hug?" Marcus said as he approached my mum and I. I look at him sceptically and slowly made my way over to the opened armed brother. Opening my arms I did something he did not expect. 

"Hey!" Marcus yelled as I grabbed my hot chocolate from the seat behind him. Laughing, I turned around and took a sip. Marcus managed to distract everyone else in the room because they all turned and looked at us. My miscevioush smile not hiding the fact I was the main cause of Marcus' outburst. Anyways, my mum was discharged from the hospital in the afternoon and I got a ride with Wyatt and mum. The twins went in their own car and Mike and James went back to the company building. 

This is not finished, but I hoped you liked it!!